cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a sale or is it a regular plan?

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Freedom Mobile has their regular weekend sale on now and every weekend. 

Public mobile has their regular 3g (Bonus gig- $40 and $50) plans on promotion every single day. 

Is it a sale or is it a regular plan? That is the question. I think they are regular everyday plans. What do you think?

7 REPLIES 7

@MEU_21 wrote:

That is a really good question, and something I was wondering about as well.

Considering that these "promos" appear to mirror Chatr's regular plans, plus you get in-zone unlimited Canada/US Calls + a bunch of international countries that you can call with Chatr, I would argue that, for me, PM's current "promos" aren't even competitive with Chatr, let alone FM. The regular plans are simply cost prohibitive for the value and aren't even worth mentioning.

PM may have an edge with their rewards system, but when all your referals decide to jump ship, it looses its value. Also, over time, other carrier's plans and rates are catching up to PM's, so there will also be less value in the Loyalty rewards. Only a fraction appear to be active on the community, so that reward isn't applicable to many.

You also could technically find a better deal through retentions with another carrier if you are with them for "x" amount of time. That also could out weigh the loyality rewards 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is a really good question, and something I was wondering about as well.

Considering that these "promos" appear to mirror Chatr's regular plans, plus you get in-zone unlimited Canada/US Calls + a bunch of international countries that you can call with Chatr, I would argue that, for me, PM's current "promos" aren't even competitive with Chatr, let alone FM. The regular plans are simply cost prohibitive for the value and aren't even worth mentioning.

PM may have an edge with their rewards system, but when all your referals decide to jump ship, it looses its value. Also, over time, other carrier's plans and rates are catching up to PM's, so there will also be less value in the Loyalty rewards. Only a fraction appear to be active on the community, so that reward isn't applicable to many.

Fundamentally though, you have to ask, who does PM want to be competitive with? Robelus, Koodo and Fido, Chatr and FM, or other MVNOs like SpeakOut and Petro Canada? I think PM is trying to brand as a Koodo and Fido type while providing a service level similar to Chatr and FM. The irony, as has been pointed out before, is that PM's sister company Koodo is already in this segment. It looks like, long term, PM will try to target Chatr and FM, but FM is speeding up and Chatr is on cruise control and nothing more than a place holder at Roger's mercy. PM could be left in the dust and relegated to SpeakOut / Petro Canada, or perhaps even folded in to Koodo if profit margins / subscribers drop.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think PM is done with the Promo ,FM is the way to go LTE look good now with every way Plan can't go wrong,Canada and US callings plus 1 GB Data US roaming and 2400 minutes calling back to Canada

jeffster1970

@will13am wrote:

@Michael77, you have to look past the flashy sales signs.  Compare it to other offferings and determine whether it is a real sale or not.  From my perspective, the only plan worth getting is the ubiquitous $40 for 4 gigs of LTE data.  Unfortunately, this one is long gone.

Meh!  I am hoping there is enough competition that PM could give something better than that. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael77, you have to look past the flashy sales signs.  Compare it to other offferings and determine whether it is a real sale or not.  From my perspective, the only plan worth getting is the ubiquitous $40 for 4 gigs of LTE data.  Unfortunately, this one is long gone.

Shutdown

They will get rid of them when they see freedom mobile as no longer a threat, but if they see them as a threat they will get better I guess?

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I think its just a promo that hasn't ended yet. The plans still technically fall under the promos that were introduced about a month ago with the new pricing and data plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.