cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated a new SIM, got a confirmation email but can't log in - unsure if activation worked or not?

itsakev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! Smiley Happy

I'm new to Public Mobile as of today. 

I went through the online registration process to transfer my old Bell account + phone number to Public Mobile. The thing is, I'm not sure if it worked. I got some weird errors. It's gonna be wordy but I'm trying to give as much detal as possible. I also have a lot of screenshots of all this if needed.

Weird Error 1: I can't log in to my account

I got a confirmation email from Public Mobile saying they're "excited to have [me] as a new Public Mobile customer," but when I try to log into the Self Service (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/) with my username and password I get this error: "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again." I know I have the correct email and password (I just created the account and registered minutes ago), so I'm confused as to why this isn't working.

I saw another post in the community that suggested verifying your phone number to create your profile (here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/) but when I enter my phone number I get an error saying "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." and when I go through the Forgot Your Password process I get an error saying "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

Weird Error 2: Transaction Summary

Going through all the steps to activate my Public Mobile SIM card and transfer my number from Bell to Public Mobile was pretty straight forward (I think), but on Step 6, Transation Summary, of the process I got an error in red text saying "Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance." I have a screenshot if needed. Immediately below that error, in black text is says "Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed." Is that weird? It seems weird to me. Below that text is my name, address, Public Mobile account number, my email address, my security question, etc, and a line that says "Transferred#?: Yes". Then there's my plan details and payment information. Other than the contradictory red-text error at the top of the page, I'd assume the process was a success. I'm confused. Am I registered or not? Did my Bell phone number transfer to Public Mobile or not? 

A friend referrred me to Public Mobile and I put his phone number into the referral section of registration. This friend tells me they got notification of a refer-a-friend reward. Does this mean my account activation worked but I just can't log in to Public Mobile's website?

tl;dr

1. I'm new and I can't log in to Public Mobile - why?

2. Did my account get activated or not - I have contradictory information?

Thank-you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

itsakev
Happy to be on board. It really is just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things and now everything is working great.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for following up, @itsakev.  I'm delighted your issue was resolved--welcome to Public Mobile!  And thanks for your patience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

itsakev

Update: I private messaged @Shazia_K and she solved my login and connection problems. Thanks so much!

itsakev

No prob, thanks for the heads up.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@itsakev please note that the moderators are much busier than usual, with the promo plan proving to be quite popular.  Please try to be patient and they will get to your request as soon as they can.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

itsakev

Thanks, I sent @Saray_O a Private Message.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This seems to be happening to quite a few people these days. Please private message one of the mods ( @Saray_O  ). They should be able to solve the issues for you. Hopefully your login/activation issues get resolved soon! 

Need Help? Let's chat.