cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

red light camera tickets

anyone been succesful in reducing fine in Toronto? The judge implied there are allowances for this.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: red light camera tickets

I once talked my way out of running a red light, but it depends on the situation. If you blatantly run a red light.... I mean you enter the intersecton on a red while cross traffic has already moved into the intersection, you might as will just pay the fine. For myself, it turned red just as my rear bumper crossed the line so in my opinion it was not red. In my case, I just said that I was talking to my friend in the passenger seat and by the time I noticed the red, I had already passed the point of no return. That is, I would not have been able to stop without ending up in the intersection. He let me go on a warning.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: red light camera tickets

Definetly you can get any traffic reduced just by showing following the instructions on the back of the ticket to mail in a not guitly plea then show up on the date specified on the ticket and make a plea deal with the prosecutor - they always give deals of around 50% off or more just to avoid trials because if everyone who got a ticket took their ticket to trial it would be too much strain on the court system and too much money for government to pay. So always fight tickets, or hire those court agents in the yellow pages to go down there for you to fight and get reduction for you.

 

Same with income taxes, if every single person in canada refused to pat their taxes, there nothing they can do - not enough jails or pigs to lock every single person up, so they target the few brave ones for punishments, then the rest of the sheep get scared and bow down. That is what revolutions are, every single person finally simply refusing to do what they''re told to do even under the threat of force.

Mayor / Maire

Re: red light camera tickets

 @villellamcmeans 

Absolutely agreed. Dispute every ticket where there was no victim is my line. Sure, take your lump and responsibility if you leave a victim, but if no victim, dispute it. Every time. And you're right, if we all did that then it would completely clog the system and we'd all get off for length of time for a trial. Then maybe they wouldn't look at traffic enforcement as a cash cow because it costs too much after the fact. Ergo, no cash.

Also, even just showing up to the court after disputing, there are many occasion where the accusing cop doesn't show up. You're free to go sir/ma'am.

 

Paying taxes??...well we gotta pay for common-good services somehow. Think of it as your strata fees. You all share in paying for the upkeep of the place.

Oracle

Re: red light camera tickets

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time...

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: red light camera tickets

and keep your eye on the sparrow!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: red light camera tickets


@z10user4 wrote:

 @villellamcmeans 

Absolutely agreed. Dispute every ticket where there was no victim is my line. Sure, take your lump and responsibility if you leave a victim, but if no victim, dispute it. Every time. And you're right, if we all did that then it would completely clog the system and we'd all get off for length of time for a trial. Then maybe they wouldn't look at traffic enforcement as a cash cow because it costs too much after the fact. Ergo, no cash.

Also, even just showing up to the court after disputing, there are many occasion where the accusing cop doesn't show up. You're free to go sir/ma'am.

 

Paying taxes??...well we gotta pay for common-good services somehow. Think of it as your strata fees. You all share in paying for the upkeep of the place.


@z10user4  I'd be more accepting of helping out for a common goal or common good if I wasn't forced to do it, kinda like tipping - I don't like to be forced or pressured or shamed into doing things that others want me to do, especially the holier than thou society/governments.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: red light camera tickets


@will13am wrote:

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time...


Well...that's what everyone says until they're the ones sentenced to death or 1000 years in jail or become victims of pig brutality etc. A quote from the Bonfire of the Vanities is:

 

"Everyones a conservative until they get arrested."

 

The Bonfire of the Vanities is a good book and movie for those who tell others don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and so is The Shawshank Redemption, because it's easy not to sympathize when it's not you or not someone you care about.

Mayor / Maire

Re: red light camera tickets


@villellamcmeans wrote:


@z10user4  I'd be more accepting of helping out for a common goal or common good if I wasn't forced to do it, kinda like tipping - I don't like to be forced or pressured or shamed into doing things that others want me to do, especially the holier than thou society/governments.


 @villellamcmeans 

Do you really think people would pay in to the system if they didn't have to?

Sure, ok, here's 10 bucks to help fill that pothole that I crash through every day. Sure, ok, here's 20 bucks to help pay for oil changes in my city bus fleet that I use every day.

Not gonna happen.

Paying for common-good services has no relation to tipping an already-paid person for a service rendered.

 

Unless you're one o' those sovereign citizen wackadoodles. Smiley Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: red light camera tickets


@z10user4 wrote:

@villellamcmeans wrote:


@z10user4  I'd be more accepting of helping out for a common goal or common good if I wasn't forced to do it, kinda like tipping - I don't like to be forced or pressured or shamed into doing things that others want me to do, especially the holier than thou society/governments.


 @villellamcmeans 

Do you really think people would pay in to the system if they didn't have to?

Sure, ok, here's 10 bucks to help fill that pothole that I crash through every day. Sure, ok, here's 20 bucks to help pay for oil changes in my city bus fleet that I use every day.

Not gonna happen.

Paying for common-good services has no relation to tipping an already-paid person for a service rendered.

 

Unless you're one o' those sovereign citizen wackadoodles. Smiley Happy


Haha, I am a Soverign Citizen, but not a wackadoodle - at least I don't think I'm a wackadoodle. Anyways, I agree with you that not many would pay if they don't have to, but that proves that forcing people to donate is wrong to begin with - nobody should be forced to do anything they don't want to do. All this government hypocrasy about force not being an answer is just their propaganda to monopolize the use of force - ie they the only ones that can use force but no one else can. Bottom line is that when someone is forced, that's always wrong, especially to the one being forced - the ones doing the forcing always think their justified and have reasons and excuses holier than thou attitudes.

 

What you said about not paying for pot holes or city buses is true, and I don't want to pay and neither do most not want to pay, because people will only want to pay if it effects them directly - but that's exactly how it should be, why should people be forced to pay for things that don't directly effect them? Just like at Public I pay only for what I use, I should only have to pay for what I use in society too.

 

Sure you can say everything will fall apart if we all don't help pay, but I don't believe that at all, the world was fine before income taxes were invented - history has proved it by virtue of all being here despite the majority of humanity thriving before taxes were invented.

 

There is a similarity to tipping already paid people and taxes for common good services, it's the peer pressure that's similar. Not tipping is frowned upon by society, and in some places tipping is forced by adding it directly to the bill - not paying taxes is also frowned upon and forced. The relation I point out is that nobody should be shamed/forced/pressured into doing either.