cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

red light camera tickets

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

anyone been succesful in reducing fine in Toronto? The judge implied there are allowances for this.

37 REPLIES 37

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time...

Well...that's what everyone says until they're the ones sentenced to death or 1000 years in jail or become victims of pig brutality etc. A quote from the Bonfire of the Vanities is:

"Everyones a conservative until they get arrested."

The Bonfire of the Vanities is a good book and movie for those who tell others don't do the crime if you can't do the time, and so is The Shawshank Redemption, because it's easy not to sympathize when it's not you or not someone you care about.

TheGx

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheGx 

Absolutely agreed. Dispute every ticket where there was no victim is my line. Sure, take your lump and responsibility if you leave a victim, but if no victim, dispute it. Every time. And you're right, if we all did that then it would completely clog the system and we'd all get off for length of time for a trial. Then maybe they wouldn't look at traffic enforcement as a cash cow because it costs too much after the fact. Ergo, no cash.

Also, even just showing up to the court after disputing, there are many occasion where the accusing cop doesn't show up. You're free to go sir/ma'am.

Paying taxes??...well we gotta pay for common-good services somehow. Think of it as your strata fees. You all share in paying for the upkeep of the place.

@Anonymous  I'd be more accepting of helping out for a common goal or common good if I wasn't forced to do it, kinda like tipping - I don't like to be forced or pressured or shamed into doing things that others want me to do, especially the holier than thou society/governments.

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

and keep your eye on the sparrow!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the time...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGx 

Absolutely agreed. Dispute every ticket where there was no victim is my line. Sure, take your lump and responsibility if you leave a victim, but if no victim, dispute it. Every time. And you're right, if we all did that then it would completely clog the system and we'd all get off for length of time for a trial. Then maybe they wouldn't look at traffic enforcement as a cash cow because it costs too much after the fact. Ergo, no cash.

Also, even just showing up to the court after disputing, there are many occasion where the accusing cop doesn't show up. You're free to go sir/ma'am.

Paying taxes??...well we gotta pay for common-good services somehow. Think of it as your strata fees. You all share in paying for the upkeep of the place.

TheGx

Definetly you can get any traffic reduced just by showing following the instructions on the back of the ticket to mail in a not guitly plea then show up on the date specified on the ticket and make a plea deal with the prosecutor - they always give deals of around 50% off or more just to avoid trials because if everyone who got a ticket took their ticket to trial it would be too much strain on the court system and too much money for government to pay. So always fight tickets, or hire those court agents in the yellow pages to go down there for you to fight and get reduction for you.

Same with income taxes, if every single person in canada refused to pat their taxes, there nothing they can do - not enough jails or pigs to lock every single person up, so they target the few brave ones for punishments, then the rest of the sheep get scared and bow down. That is what revolutions are, every single person finally simply refusing to do what they''re told to do even under the threat of force.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I once talked my way out of running a red light, but it depends on the situation. If you blatantly run a red light.... I mean you enter the intersecton on a red while cross traffic has already moved into the intersection, you might as will just pay the fine. For myself, it turned red just as my rear bumper crossed the line so in my opinion it was not red. In my case, I just said that I was talking to my friend in the passenger seat and by the time I noticed the red, I had already passed the point of no return. That is, I would not have been able to stop without ending up in the intersection. He let me go on a warning.

Need Help? Let's chat.