cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"sim card not from Verizon" message

peterbenden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved to Germany in 2016 and bought a new phone (unlocked, as all phones here) and transferred all data to new phone.  I am now on my 3rd phone and I still get a message once in a while saying "SIM card not from Verizon". Worse, there are apps that I can't load because it tells me that they are "not available in your country".  I suspect that there must be something imbedded in whatever data I've transferred (twice now) that makes the phone think I'm still in the US.  HELP !

4 REPLIES 4

@peterbenden wrote:

I moved to Germany in 2016 and bought a new phone (unlocked, as all phones here) and transferred all data to new phone.  I am now on my 3rd phone and I still get a message once in a while saying "SIM card not from Verizon". Worse, there are apps that I can't load because it tells me that they are "not available in your country".  I suspect that there must be something imbedded in whatever data I've transferred (twice now) that makes the phone think I'm still in the US.  HELP !

This message, as far as I can tell is only there to annoy people, perhaps to the point that they don't want ot use the phone at another carrier after unlocking it. It's a software thing, and many Verizon phones will show this message whenever the phone is turned on or restarted with any non-Verizone sim card.  The message can be dismissed and ignored.  Veirzon even goes out the way to use a custom network unlock code prompt that says something such as "switch carriers - enter code".

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, I did a google search on this issue, lots of others see it too. Strange it transfers to new phones. Some forums say a temp fix is " settings/applications/applications manager/running.Turned off all verizon apps.Turned off activation agent." until your next reboot.  Here is the forum https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/502616-just-changed-tmobile-sim-card-not-verizon...

Another site suggested a Windows program call "Debloater" , read link below.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-verizon/help/how-to-bypass-rid-activation-agent-t2921569/pag...

I hope you figure it out, and post the info here for other users.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@peterbenden what apps that you cannot install is generating this message on your phone?  Perhaps contact Verizon to see what they have to say.  Public Mobile is not affiliated with Verizon.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@peterbendenThis forum is for users of Public Mobile which is a subsidary for Telus Corp in Canada. Verizon is a US company. There are a good chance that your backup was the culprit of all the Verizon apps  and information. Clear and reset your phone and see if the problem persists. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.