cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how are you enjoying public mobile experience?

psylence
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new to public mobile and wondering how fellow mobilers are feeling about their service.

57 REPLIES 57

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mvhaeren wrote:

did use a referal code but that does not show up yet. If it is still not there tomorrow I will get in touch

2nd month free does not show either but I've read that that can take up to 6 days.

When I signed up a month ago my free month credit took a little bit to arrive, but my referral credits were there immediately. If they aren't there by the end of today contact the moderators.

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Koda42 I'm really enjoying PM, especially the chance to save with rewards. 

mvhaeren
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

did use a referal code but that does not show up yet. If it is still not there tomorrow I will get in touch

2nd month free does not show either but I've read that that can take up to 6 days.

Ed404

@mvhaeren wrote:

I signed up yesterday without any issues. Transfer of my number went smooth as well.

Very impressed and happy with the good deal on the $25 plan.

Did you get the 2nd free month and use a referral code?

mvhaeren
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

I signed up yesterday without any issues. Transfer of my number went smooth as well.

Very impressed and happy with the good deal on the $25 plan.

Ed404

I've only been here for a month and half and I love it. I didn't expect free stuff this Christmas from Public Mobile on top of all the other promos and rewards I use to lower my bill.

This provider has really impressed me and I hear they even give stuff out in the Summer, really looking for forward to that.

I really like the service so far gives me what I need for a low cost and it only gets cheaper with time! Smiley Happy

Public Mobile and the community are both awesome!

rLIby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great price but hit and miss re service issues, esp. when I first signed up. Still happen on and off.

If I'm expecting a delivery, I usually restart my phone the morning of because there have been times when people haven't been able to reach me.

Koda42

I love this service!!! I kind of like the text messages i receive on e in a while with free give away.  This is a great way to make you ferl important and wanted as a customer, just staying in touch 🙂

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just signed up but the process was seamless. Everything was done in less than 10 minutes.  The pricing is great and love the extra rewards that can be earned.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Less for less is a talking point. People can't believe that there's no call centre. The For Less part is good but the other Less isn't. People accept it for a good price.

Lack of call center also means lack of store/kiosk and lack of sales staff. I'm all for a world where consumers are fully informed and fully empowered (forced!) to make their own informed decisions. I am repulsed by pushy peoplemongers who make/allow/deny those choices for their customers (based on their own ignorant or selfish motivations). So I actually consider this aspect of "Less For Less" a positive attribute which makes Public Mobile more attractive. 

Rikus

Hi everyone! 🙂 Also new here, signed up today and transfered my number over. I have to say everything went super smooth, with no issues at all. I am very glad i changed to Public Mobile. Smiley Very Happy

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

This is one great fature I like the most about my $25 plan.

I like that there's never extra charges.  For international text mesaaging, that's included in all current plans except the $30 plan.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is one great fature I like the most about my $25 plan.

Cara35

I’m enjoying it so far! Cheaper then Telus and more add ons 

@stubirdnb wrote:

I'm quite new to PM but can already tell it is my kind of carrier! Less for Less! I love it! I've already converted a friend and I know many others who will be very interested. 

Less for less is a talking point. People can't believe that there's no call centre. The For Less part is good but the other Less isn't. People accept it for a good price.

stubirdnb

@psylence wrote:

new to public mobile and wondering how fellow mobilers are feeling about their service.

I'm quite new to PM but can already tell it is my kind of carrier! Less for Less! I love it! I've already converted a friend and I know many others who will be very interested. 

MiniMan

Also find the PM moderators quite helpful and response times are good. 

MiniMan

So far so good, signed my wife and myself less that a week ago and are finding it quite good. Been running speed tests and comparing, throttled down does not to be much of an issue. Sure enjoying paying a lot less per month!

3s_Plenty

I am new(as in signed up this week) but so far so good. I purposely chose them(PC) because of the overall better value.

-unlimited incoming calls

-picture messaging

-2$ less than my previous plan provider with autopay

I don't mind the forum concept, quite used to them.. a little trickier not having a go to number in case you need someone now, but for the most part this shouldn't be an issue, response time for the forum is good and moderator replies are not to long.

It isn't for everyone but that is pretty typical, i have been with the big provider for years and definitely appreciate the cheaper options now available.

Soapes

Really like it the 3G is speedy and the reception throughout Canada is great. Kinda like how easy it is to set up and how you don't need to talk to anybody. Took 5 minutes to set up rather than 1 hour in a store 

@Ednaroach wrote:

First try with prepaid do I have to retop up each month or is it automatic renewal ?

It is up to you to decide.  If you enable auto payment, you get $2 reward each renewal.  You don't have to use this feature if you don't want to.  Some customers do the manual top up option. 

Ednaroach

First try with prepaid do I have to retop up each month or is it automatic renewal ?

cyrusrivers

Greetings all. Just signed on this afternoon. So far so good. Connection and call quality is pretty good in Burnaby,BC

The kiosk worker at metrotown even unlocked my phone for me. That was much appreciated and she made the whole process easy to setup and understand.

Look forward to using this carrier more and getting up in the ranks to earn more rewards!

Tman

Indeed I concure. Quite lovely. Forums are becoming outdated though. It'd be worthwhile reconfiguring support into a different model. 

cds_nl

Supper happy...I switched seemlessly from Telus...pop out their sim card and put in Public Mobile's...no need to unlock phone...kept same phone number ... better talk and text plan and more data and I save over $50 a month. 
The rewards available are a nice touch too. Love it so far

CJR

I think it is great, I save $15 from my previous provider and get more data, can't go wrong.

fairchse

Yes you cannot know how happy I am with

public mobile I am never going back

fairchse

I love it ... it took a little tim for me to navigate but after that I find that once you understand that and if you have an issue it can be resolved by a moderator in a fast manner Worth the savings and no danger of overages 

fairchse

Mine too Great bunch of people !!!

fairchse

My boyfriend just switched because I had the same service he had only way less money 

Need Help? Let's chat.