cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to switch to new Public Points?

mydoghunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently still on the legacy rewards and show $8 coming to me on May 10th. When accessing the rewards page, we are informed that we will be swapped over to the new rewards in May.

My question is this, should I switch over now (since it will be done anyway in a few weeks) and take advantage of the bonus $5 for "opting in" to the new rewards, or wait for it to be done automatically? If I swap now on my own, do I lose the $8 that would have been on my next bill since $4 is loyalty and $2 is pre-authorized payment? OR would I lose it anyways, and should just take the $5 for "opting in" on my own now?

3 REPLIES 3

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter   There's no advantage for you to make the switch to the points system as you (and rest of us on the legacy rewards) will be automatically switched in May regardless.  If you have a payment due this month (or already had) then you will still earn the final loyalty and autopay rewards which will be used towards your next payment in May.

AFAIK, the 5 points will be awarded to customers automatically once the forced switchover to points is completed.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mydoghunter  I’m with @funpig1  I’ll wait till the bitter end . And use up my points after that . . And if I lose my friend referrals too . Then I’ll switch providers out of principal 

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am going to hold on to $$ rewards for as long as I can.  PM is going to have to switch me over to points reward with me kicking and screaming the whole way.

Need Help? Let's chat.