cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you pay per month? Reply below!

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Everyone! What do you pay per month on your PM plan? 

Please include plan type and cost per month. 

52 REPLIES 52

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 

That’s awesome!!😃

I just signed up so only have the auto payment discount on the $25 plan.

@gpixel  🤣🤣

@Jb456 yes plus my Oracle reward. they just keep it hush hush 😉

@gpixel  You must have a bunch of referrals?

Screenshot_20210108-175902.png

yup, it's hard to compare pm to other telecoms with the amount of savings you could achieve

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

My 3rd year loyalty has kicked in and I scooped up another referral recently. Now my plan is totally free 😁 unless I loose a referral lol.

Screenshot_20210107_060403.jpg

ga61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an unlimited phone and text plan, plus 1 go data.  I pay $25.00 per month, less $2.00 for auto pay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 : I dunno. The 5gb could be their plan. The "magical emails" might be the badge notifications. Along with his reward calcs I think there could just be some confusion.

@Anonymous @computergeek541  I'm starting to have trouble believing that poster.

On another thread they said they were able to redeem the holiday gifts today ( which may be true) than maybe same thread or another thread said they were also able to get the 5 gig boxing day data. I asked for a screenshot or if they just meant that they put their email into  the boxing day promo where it says your email is eligible. 

Of course no response, no screenshot. Nothing.

Now this thread talking about a magical email that says they will get community rewards credited.

Starting to seem suspicious if you ask me 😝

@ruckuschica wrote:
@Anonymous

No, I meant the community rewards for commenting and such. I don't quite understand how the badges work or what they're for, but I haven't bothered to look into it much either. I got emails saying that community rewards would be applied to my next bill. And you're right, I've been more active here today than I have ever been. lol

Sorry, but you haven't earned any Community rewards, nor have you in the past. Also, I haven't seen an e-mail address message sent to anyone telling them that they've earned a Community reward.  Can you share what that e-mail address says? Community rewards aren't automatic as soon as a message post has been made. They are allocated after participation is compared to other members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruckuschica 

Loyalty = $1 per term after a year up to $5 per term after 5 years

Autopay = $2 per term

Referrals = $1 per referral per term up to about 120 referrals (although YMMV)

Community = varies and resets each month

New customers would get $10 using a referral code at activation. Also $2 credit if autopay was selected at activation.

Then there are credit promos. Referrals have been $25 per side, $20 per side, select few existing customers $20 per side. Promos of $5 or $10 per term for some number of months like 6 months (or 10 or 12 maybe also in the past)

Then there are data promos of 1GB, 3GB or 5GB one time or ongoing for 1GB (indefinitely? without looking).

Finally of course gifts of long distance minutes and data.

@ruckuschica  not correct unfortunately.

The person that does the referring gets $1 off per 30 days.

The person referred gets a $10 signup bonus.

ruckuschica
Yes, but I've already got other referral bonuses bringing it to $5. Plus the $10 off that we both get taken off our bills (x2 = $20). So $40 - $25 = $15. Plus all the other bonuses like autopay and loyalty bring it down to $7 +tax. Unless they cancelled the $10 off thingy? But I just got it less than a year ago when I signed my mom up for PM.

@ruckuschica  Badges have no meaning really. Just the forum software giving badges for new achievements. Like 5 posts, 10 posts, topics started,. etc.

Not sure what you're talking about "emails saying community rewards will be applied to your account"..No such thing I've ever seen. Have you @Anonymous ?? We get rewards each month and I've never got an email lol.

PM runs a secret formula calculation at the end of each month. Then those who qualified for a reward get a credit to their balance around the 7th of the next month. Then a few days later PM makes an announcement (which is silly now as it doesn't show usernames of who earned a reward) just says how many were in the top 3 categories and how many solutions those categories earned. But we have @darlicious that goes and posts all the usernames.

ruckuschica
@Anonymous

No, I meant the community rewards for commenting and such. I don't quite understand how the badges work or what they're for, but I haven't bothered to look into it much either. I got emails saying that community rewards would be applied to my next bill. And you're right, I've been more active here today than I have ever been. lol

@ruckuschica 

If you had $7 rewards and just referred 2 people (you should see $2 in Referral section of my rewards)  than that would be a total of $9. $40 - $9 = $31 plus province taxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruckuschica : Community rewards are done by the month and distributed in the first week or so of each month. You might be thinking of the badges in your profile. They aren't rewards. Nor indications of what reward you might get.

Before today, your last post was almost a year ago. So if you possibly get calculated in for a reward for this month then yes you'll see it in the first week of next month.

ruckuschica

I'm on the $40 plan, with $7 in rewards so I'm down to $33. But I've just signed up 2 friends and managed to score a few community rewards today so Feb's bill will be less than $30 for sure, plus the referrals will bring it down to $7. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

then I would have to switch to my free dot mobile builders plan.

Lol. I signed up for that too. I put like 10 email accounts in there. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

25$ plan. 

2$ Autopay + 1-2$ community + 11 Refferals = 10-11$ a month. 

I'm almost at my one year anniversary and I'm getting another friend on PM soon so thats an extra 2$ right there. With that added ill soon be paying 8-9$ a month. 

I also have 5GB free bonus data, 1000 Minuites, and the 2GB holiday gift. I might downgrade to the 15$ plan. I usually use like 800MB a month so that'll probably last me 8 months. 8 months of free cell service. lol 

donuts_waffles

Now $27 for 2GB. I signed up when there was a 2GB/$30 deal. The plan is now 2GB/$35.

@Korth 

I bought them in the spring when they went on "sale" figuring it was a good deal for full speed 4G LTE and before I recieved 10gb of free data from various sources. Since i wont be changing that plan either and unless darlicious and maximum_gato switch accounts I had to spend some of the credit somewhere......the little bit of data was used to perform a couple of tests before last years holiday data add on was gifted.

The bigger bit of data and all but about 35 minutes of the $5/500min add on were used by the bf borrowing my phone/sim card. I had set the data limiter when he complained that i had cut off the data and i had half jokingly told him i didnt want him burning thru $200 worth of add on data......then i realized that was no exaggeration there's actually more than that in there!

@darlicious 

On that screenshot you've purchased a couple of $$ 1GB add-ons?

And, lol, how did you manage to use a little off two different data add-on items?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@DM100watch 

It sounds like before you deplete the 2gb data gift you'll probably get another one in your account from pm....but watch out (lol) it can get a little crowded in there!

Agree.  For the owner of $10 plan using a flip phone, the list keeps getting longer.  My daughter came home from her work assignment in Toyko for Christmas and she uses her grandma's $10 plan loaded with free add-ons while she is in Canada for a month. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

my plan is $15/ 30days minus $1. referral minus CC autopay $2 minus $1 loyalty.... so $11 minus community rewards...... my net cost is between $9-11 plus tax.

@DM100watch 

It sounds like before you deplete the 2gb data gift you'll probably get another one in your account from pm....but watch out (lol) it can get a little crowded in there!

Screenshot_20201224-152452~2.png

DM100watch

Have a Rogers plan for my smartphone (Galaxy S8+).  Got an off brand generic DM100 android smart watch and called them up and asked them how much to add it to my plan?  They said...not possible, they only do apple watches and as add-ons to existing phones, not as separate numbers.  I said thank you I would try another carrier.  Ten minutes later they call me back offer me a standalone plan unlimited text, calling, 5 GB of data for $50 (their smallest plan).  I took it for one month...researched alternatives found Public Mobile, and cancelled Rogers.  Signed up here for the $15 plan but with autopay it is $13.  They gave me 2 GB of data for free just for signing up...and seriously, who uses 5 GB of data on a watch?  I'm on wifi at home and at work...I doubt I will even use the 250 MB in the $13 plan.  But if I ever do, and empty out the 2 GB of free data I can just buy more at $15 a GB.  I'm saving about $450 a year so I'm happy....

tl;dr   $13 a month 

@darlicious 🤔

@Jb456 

Lol....does that mean I should be offended?

ElizabethButt82

Thanks for the clarification on that!

Enjoy your holidays too.

Need Help? Let's chat.