cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would Your top 3 spots for new features (Like 5G+) be?

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*Not hating on Public Mobile for anything*  What would your Top 3 spots for features on PM be? Ex: 5G+. Here is mine:

1.  Wi-Fi Calling - Many People have requested this on the community, I would even pay for it as an add-on.

2. More USA roaming data (10+ GB) - Public Mobile has 100GB Plan (Canada Only) without 10+ GB 15 day USA roaming? Many people will probably go over the limit.

3. Extended Range Roaming - It is not a necessity at all for me, but Chatr (Which is a tier 3 provider) has Extended Range, I prefer Telus or Bell from their coverage.

What would your top 3 things be?

6 REPLIES 6

fixin

@Cheetah24 - The international call is lacking to some countries, but hopefully PM will allow USA and UK calling via the 300 minute add-on, as well as some other countries, like a Continent version where it gives you all of the countries in that continent.

About the chatbot, it really mixes people up, but it probably isn't even worked on since they got 5G plans, it should look at the community all the time, Public Mobile has to do something about the chatbot they've got!

And about the Forum, most carriers use Khoros community. I think discourse is more user friendly and a better user interface than what they use now. But an Agent should read this post, it'll really make them think about their community forum. Their filtering sucks right now.

While I am on this topic, I feel like Public Mobile's community forum is better than Koodo's in user interface, but one suggestion for the forum is voting where agents review what customers want, and everyone gets it if it gets passed!

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Further more in case if any public mobile employer reads this ( @J_PM ); I also think that the forum software can be improved. Wish public mobile moves to a different forum software such as Discourse (https://www.discourse.org/) or something as I feel this forum lacks features compared to other forum software I've used. For example proper advanced filtering to search for older issues which is really useful as there's lots of questions which were answered in the past.

Cheetah24

Not that this is a new feature necessarily, but I wish PM would also fix the chat bot as most people find this useless. Even removing the chat bot is an improvement I think. The problem I think is that it doesn't correctly forward the users to community even giving me this error; 

Cheetah24_0-1704078758374.png

Also most times it's just not able to answer the question or give or forward users to related threads in the community forum.

Cheetah24

I would really really really want to see more countries on the international calling add-on. I mean the reason people pay for an international add-on is to call other countries and expanding this list is really awesome if possible. 🙂

In fact I think this is something people should probably request at least in my opinion from Public Mobile as we didn't see any improvement to this list for a while.

fixin

@Handy1  - That is some awesome ideas! I would do 5G+ Speeds like Telus, Bell, and Rogers.

Apple Watch and iPad Cell support are also awesome things to have, but Telus is sort of lacking because Koodo doesn't even have Apple Watch support.

International roaming would be an amazing thing for Public to Have, even if they roll it out to Europe and Mexico because many Canadians travel there a lot. 

If Public Mobile releases a Canada/US/Mexico plans can hit the competition hard, especially Freedom Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@fixin  For me the first would be 5G+ speeds 2GBps 

and Apple Watch /ipad cellular support 

And international roaming 

And while I’m thinking about it CAN/US / Mexico plans 

Need Help? Let's chat.