cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unofficial announcement of the monthly community reward

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement. So use this topic every month to discuss and congratulate your fellow contributors for their hard work before the official announcement goes live within the next few days. I will try my best to move all related topics/replies to this topic. 

As of now, community reward for the month of March 2022 has been paid. Congratulation and keep up the good work!

If you would like to be notified every month, subscribe to this thread, and you will get a notification when someone replies.

673 REPLIES 673

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL9 wrote:

When does the official announcement and the badges for community rewards typically come out?

@JL9

Usually around the 7th to 10th of each month, but sometimes as late as the 12th.  The rewards usually appear first, then the announcement and badges usually come about a day or two later at approximately the same time.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When does the official announcement and the badges for community rewards typically come out?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations all around. I personally got $5.

If these rewards are sustained and referrals stay put, I'm looking at $30 a month now, which is really good considering the bunch of credits from the free 2nd month promo + $10 referral and also the few $25/referral I was able to get.

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai my final suggestion on this topic, why not leave the monthly jumped the gun thread run its course until the official announcement is made. Once the official one is made then merge it to this thread. 

I still feel it should be kept in a single topic. I will run it by PM staff and see what they think. 

Actually, I like @mimmo's last suggestion because it allows the unofficial announcement to have visibility as a new standalone topic for a bit, yet it still results in the threads being collected into one topic eventually.  Getting PM staff to make this a stickied topic will improve its visibility, but somehow, I doubt they would view this as the type of thread that is important/useful enough to require pinning, like for example, the Community Technical Issues topic.  Who knows...they could surprise me.

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

If you think those topics needs to be merged, feel free to merge them. I will have time to keep this topic going and i will continue to keep it organized. 

I will give you a tip to not forget about this topic, just subscribe to it and you will get a notification when anyone makes a post 😉

I get enough PM email, I don't need more by subscribing to a thread.

You can disable email notification and keep only community notification on 😉

I do, I get notification email when I am tagged or sent a PM that is enough lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

If you think those topics needs to be merged, feel free to merge them. I will have time to keep this topic going and i will continue to keep it organized. 

I will give you a tip to not forget about this topic, just subscribe to it and you will get a notification when anyone makes a post 😉

You can disable email notification and keep only community notification on 😉

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai my final suggestion on this topic, why not leave the monthly jumped the gun thread run its course until the official announcement is made. Once the official one is made then merge it to this thread. 

I still feel it should be kept in a single topic. I will run it by PM staff and see what they think. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

People will always jump the gun (from what i have seen in the last 2 years)Still I  I am not sure how moving one thead a month will keep things more organised.  after 3 months this thread will be super long and i think confusing.  everyday we have the same topics posted (password reset, no data, contact mods etc)  if we are talking orginisation then those should be merged as well.  but i think it is PM policy to have multiple threads why is this different? 

And i don't see a point of merging "password reset, no data, contact mods etc" topics into one because those require assistance. If we were to merge, they will get buried somewhere and can be missed. 

I have seen much longer threads and it does not create any confusion as there is a date stamp. 

I have to laugh, the guy who gave me flack because I "couldn't wait" last month starts this one.  Anyways in your examples above why couldn't they be merged then if they all require assistance they need to contact mods.  Couldn't we have a CONTACT mods thread?  Although the no data could be simple like APN settings or run out of data so that could have it's own.

I am with @mimmo and don't see the big issue with one extra thread a month.  I honestly won't even remember this thread come next month as there will be how many 100's/1000's of new threads that we have dealt with in a month.

If we are talking about organization for the forum maybe each forum topic needs sub-forums  but who has time to keep moving threads to the correct sub-forum.

We are all entitled to the do as I say, not as I do routine, lol.  

@JL9, I think it was almost 2 weeks before I saw it.  But the moderator I was working with kept me uptodate on the status of it, and the other issues I was having at the time, so I wasn't worried.

mimmo

@NDesai wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

People will always jump the gun (from what i have seen in the last 2 years)Still I  I am not sure how moving one thead a month will keep things more organised.  after 3 months this thread will be super long and i think confusing.  everyday we have the same topics posted (password reset, no data, contact mods etc)  if we are talking orginisation then those should be merged as well.  but i think it is PM policy to have multiple threads why is this different? 

And i don't see a point of merging "password reset, no data, contact mods etc" topics into one because those require assistance. If we were to merge, they will get buried somewhere and can be missed. 

I have seen much longer threads and it does not create any confusion as there is a date stamp. 

I have to laugh, the guy who gave me flack because I "couldn't wait" last month starts this one.  Anyways in your examples above why couldn't they be merged then if they all require assistance they need to contact mods.  Couldn't we have a CONTACT mods thread?  Although the no data could be simple like APN settings or run out of data so that could have it's own.

I am with @mimmo and don't see the big issue with one extra thread a month.  I honestly won't even remember this thread come next month as there will be how many 100's/1000's of new threads that we have dealt with in a month.

If we are talking about organization for the forum maybe each forum topic needs sub-forums  but who has time to keep moving threads to the correct sub-forum.

SD08

@JL9 wrote:

I'm assuming since it seems everyone has received it and there is nothing in my account - I'm in the same boat as you and shouldn't be holding my breath to see if it is in my account over the next day or 2. 

@JL9

I recommend that you wait at least until the official announcement comes out.  Sometimes the announcement will indicate you received a certain reward level, while not being reflected in your account rewards, in which case, you can simply point out the discrepancy to the moderators.  That would make it easier to argue your case instead of having to compile your numbers for July.   That's what happened with @stonechucker last month, where the announcement actually said he got Top 5%.  Likewise, the badge could appear in your profile while the accompanying reward remains absent, and you could point to that.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I'm assuming since it seems everyone has received it and there is nothing in my account - I'm in the same boat as you and shouldn't be holding my breath to see if it is in my account over the next day or 2. 

And how long did it take before you finally got it @stonechucker?

@ShawnC13, I had to go looking for the notice regarding the reward value changes for last month going forward, as the reward value I saw this morning didn't make sense to me.

I had to scroll for a while, but I did find it.

A large volume of new threads, old threads, and threads that come back to life unexpectedly - Public Mobile has its quirks. 

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement.

Thanks @NDesai for this post.

Is the reward always paid on the 7th? I had never realized the payout date was constant!

Yes. On a rare case due to system glitch, it gets delayed. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement.

Thanks @NDesai for this post.

Is the reward always paid on the 7th? I had never realized the payout date was constant!

So, Self-Serve is having issues this morning.  It's 9:05 EDT, and anything plan related, other than the overview page, is not working.

If you're going in to make changes - give it a bit.

cappaj

@NDesai wrote:

As most of you know that every 7th of the month, the community reward is added directly in the self-serve account before they put up an announcement. So use this topic every month to discuss and congratulate your fellow contributors for their hard work before the official announcement goes live within the next few days. I will try my best to move all related topics/replies to this topic. 

As of now, community reward for the month of July has been paid. Congratulation and keep up the good work!

Thanks for making this thread! I actually went searching for something like this at the start of the month.

Just got my first community reward, that's a nice perk to being a Public Mobile customer!

@JL9, thanks for reminding me of that struggle - I finally got the reward, credited to my account balance directly.

As for the July rewards, verified late last night, they showed up for me.  Had to do a double take... was a bit surprising to me... I won't spoil the surprise to be announced later today or this week.

@NDesai wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

But, what happened to waiting for the official annoucement as to not spoil the excitement for others waiting for the official annoucement?  Then again, those who don't want to know will soon know just not to open the this thread.  I don't see what the big deal is though since it's no big secret when the rewards get added.  If Public Mobile really wanted to keep things secret, they could/would just hold off on the payments until after the annoucement.  I would expect the one of the Public Mobile employees will be posting the official annoucement on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I made this thread so all discussions from now on will be kept here. Subscribe to this topic and use it to update every month. A single thread is better than spreading the same info on different topics every month. 

Good luck with that unless you have it stickied.  Even then new threads will pop up every month.  

EdmondY

Got the usual $2 reward again, great that participating in here rewards me.  Yay!  🙂

SD08

@JL9 wrote:

I take it that if the community reward isnt in there now it won't be coming on it's own for July?

For Jume I received top 10%, I am fairly certain that there was more contribution so to not even have top 50% doesnt make much sense to me.

I know @stonechucker had an issue last month in getting any reward even though he was too 5%. Guess I will wait and see.

@JL9

Just from the numbers, you should have received at least a top 5% reward, since that's what I got, and you were more active than I was for July.  If it's not there by sometime tomorrow, then you should get in touch with the mods.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I take it that if the community reward isnt in there now it won't be coming on it's own for July?

For Jume I received top 10%, I am fairly certain that there was more contribution so to not even have top 50% doesnt make much sense to me.

I know @stonechucker had an issue last month in getting any reward even though he was too 5%. Guess I will wait and see.

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Is there really a need for an unofficial announcement topic/posts when PM team for sure will post an official announcement every single month? I do not see any point of celebrating or wishing others congrats more than once for the same thing. If people want to post before the official announcement, use this thread or wait for the official announcement. My goal here is to just keep things organized. 

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo

At first glance, that sounds like a good idea for the purpose of organization, but since the "unofficial announcements" usually have an earlier date than the official announcement, then when the threads are merged, it will look strange indeed that the unofficial announcement along with its replies will preceed PM's post at the top of the thread.

good point hadn't thought of that aspect, so that leaves merging of the monthly unofficial threads (which is my personal preference)  or leaving them unmerged.  

In the end its just my opinion and I can only voice it,  others with more seniority will do as they feel best.

SD08

@kav2001c wrote:

*edit - it also looks like they changed the names / graphics for badges again?

If you are referring to the badges where the reward level percentage appears in the middle of the badge, that was actually changed last month for the June badges already.

SD08

@mimmo wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai   I believe you don't like /approve of the unofficial rewards announcements, but is there really a need to merge all the monthly threads into one?  its one thread a month, in the scheme of things it is not really a big issue.  if you really needed to merge threads i would merge the unofficial monthly thread with the official one.  

Hmm...leaving aside the question whether that should be done, would oracles even have the ability to do that?  I know they can generally merge duplicate topics, but do they have editing permission to merge regular threads with threads that were created by PM employees?

@SD08No idea, as i mentioned i don't really see a need to merge one thread a month into an ongoing thread.   What's next merging all the lost password threads into one 🙂  

I actually don't mind to seeing  the unofficial posts in their own thread,  but if there was a need then merging the unofficial and official ones would be my preference.  

@mimmo

At first glance, that sounds like a good idea for the purpose of organization, but since the "unofficial announcements" usually have an earlier date than the official announcement, then when the threads are merged, it will look strange indeed that the unofficial announcement along with its replies will precede PM's post at the top of the thread.

Need Help? Let's chat.