cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tunein Radio

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hello friends,

Throwing this out there to see if anyone else has or have had this issue.  Google's suggestions did not work for me.

I listen to music through the tune in app. When I'm done listening I close the app and exist it. It goes away but as soon as I receive a message, email or text the app comes back up and the music starts playing. 

NOTHING that I do stops this from happening.  This has been going on for about 6 months now and it's so annoying. I listen to music all the time and because I don't want the pop up the next day, I don't open the app and don't get to enjoy my music.

How do I stop this from opening and start playing again? This only happens when I get a notification. 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

canuckyyc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pop up the list of current apps running, swipe it up or x it out to close it. I dont use Tunein much but on my android in apps, it is shown as deep sleeping  although I never turned it on for weeks. Turn off alarms and reminders, Then maybe settings, apps, app permissions, pause app activity is unused, or the good old force stop as a last resort. For in car use, maybe it is setup to be the default audio player once it connects to bluetooth.

Jberetta2002
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Usually phone specific. This comes down to routines you've setup maybe (I am still a bit old school, and don't get into the fancy routine options myself really), but check into if you've set anything up like that.

Otherwise, in the last couple generations of cell phones you would have noticed that when you back out of an app, it doesn't actually close, but hovers in the background, easy to pick up where you left off, but also sucking up memory/processing resources... Even when you restart your phone or computer these days, you will likely find programs and apps still open.

Try going to your open apps list, and swiping then closed. Curious if that would still the routine. 

EJ_Public123
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I don't have that issue, but when I exit the app, and then say hop in the car, as soon as it connects to Bluetooth the music starts up again, despite not opening the app.  Not a big deal, but I guess it's just sitting in the background.  Not sure how to entirely stop that without force stoping the app.

Need Help? Let's chat.