cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted Devices

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I found out when I am connected to specific public WiFi, I need to have the 2FA code confirmed to come on this Community but when I return to the home WiFi…it automatically connects without confirmation.

It is also strange that I didn’t need to confirm on some public WiFi…

Anyone run into this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

ohhh, well that is odd! Thank you for the update! No clue why it does that then!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I played around with different public WiFi this afternoon and I don’t think it is related to the IP address.

I was at my local DQ cooling down on a dripped cone 🍦 and decided to connect to the free DQ WiFi and it didn’t recognize the trusted devices and will need to login.

So I thought to connect to the free RogersOpen WiFi and I didn’t need to login to this Community…it opened up with my avatar showing and replied to a couple of questions.

Strange!

gooru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No matter where I connect to my Public Mobile account. I always have to use the 2FA. I always check off the box for trusted devices and still have to enter it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Thanks, I will check the IP address tomorrow and see if that could be the problem.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 , I am thinking also may be linked to IP address! Click on your Profile, My Settings, Personal, Community Profile Information, scroll down & it will show the IP Addresses you’ve used! Maybe even Device ID!

Edit: Whoops, I can’t say I have experienced this due to I don’t select trust this device! I always login using 2FA Codes!.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I think it's probably something to do with the IP address you're using. I think that just proves that the 2FA is working! 😋

Need Help? Let's chat.