cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Laptops!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I am wondering about your experience & preference when it comes to purchasing a Laptop & why you choose that brand/model!

In your experience what do you believe is a good Laptop as far as speed (how quickly it loads, responds), amount of storage, what it can do.

I used to be good at this & enjoyed it! I always did a lot of research 1st before choosing one but it has been so many years my brain has stopped working! 😆 It would be nice to have one again & some things I can’t do as easily on an iPad/iPhone! I have been using iPads & iPhones for the last 9 years!

Edit: For every day use for watching videos, streaming, entertainment, games, editing videos & pictures, PDF’s & so on. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Toxin wrote:

I own both and yes the T series are much much better built over the idea pad.   But with that said, I still prefer the ASUS 🙂

ohhh nice! Does your Asus have the same specs or similar as the ThinkPad T14s Gen 4 Intel (14″)

Toxin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I own both and yes the T series are much much better built over the idea pad.   But with that said, I still prefer the ASUS 🙂

@Toxin wrote:

Idea pad is more their home edition laptop.   Thinkpad T series is more their office duty laptop.  Both have their own uniqueness.  Hope that helps!

@Toxin , that’s what I was reading! I looked through all the ones Lenovo offered & the Thinkpad T series looks tougher & better built for what I want even if I don’t need something that’s stated as businesses type. Hoping also long lasting! I just wish I had the option of actually looking at it in person!

Toxin

Idea pad is more their home edition laptop.   Thinkpad T series is more their office duty laptop.  Both have their own uniqueness.  Hope that helps!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Thank you everyone for your input. I updated my post. I’ve been looking at different Lenovo Laptops for a few days. Now this one: IdeaPad Flex 5i (16″ Intel) 2-in-1 Laptop 

Edit: I’m liking the “Lenovo Thinkpad T Series” more!

Toxin

Without knowing what you need the laptop for (video editing, movies, gaming, office spreadsheet etc), it’s tough to give you a precise answer.  Here’s a high level of what I recommend you look for since you are used to iPads and iPhones;

• Make sure you get a laptop with an SSD (Solid State Drive).   These kind of hard drives will give you the lightning startup and file access speed you are used to.  

• Touchscreen
  • I would stay away from cheap brands such as Acer where they use cheap components with screens that have terrible colour rendering and contrast.
  • Dell is a little better then Acer but not much
  • Lenovo is brand name with solid components that should last but you pay for that $$$$$
  • ASUS is my go to brand as it has better then average components and screens that last 

There are more but again, really depends on you application. 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lenovo is the only way to go! 

@LitlLdy  .that’s really cool never seen the two in one touch screen lap top before . But if your gonna pull the trigger on that you better hurry that sale ends today (great discount on it too ) decisions decisions !

@Handy1 , I’m struggling with it! One I’m currently looking at is the Lenovo Yoga 7 14" Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy  I’ve owned two lap tops in my life Sony vio maybe and a dell 1525 I think ( loved saying dude it’s a dell LOL) both seems great at that time . But as you know electronics is a jungle but based on your experience with iPhone and iPad logical step would seem like a Mac for you . And I’m a apple guy now so I’m biased 

Need Help? Let's chat.