cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus supports e-sim

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Just saw this article that Telus and Koodo now supprt e-sim.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/01/09/telus-koodo-esim-technology/

5 REPLIES 5

@Luddite wrote:

Did you notice how cheap UK is versus Canada? Robot surprised

I couldn't help but notice that phone/data plans (on Airalo) are cheaper and better in almost every other developed country than they are in Canada.

And Airalo's Canadian "Two Four" plans rely on Rogers. Which, as every Public Mobile customer knows, is not the lowest cost option available in Canada. So it's reasonable to assume Airalo's offerings in other countries aren't always the lowest cost options available. Still quite good overall, though, and quite positively reviewed, looks worth paying for the packaged worry-free convenience if you travel a lot. And definitely less costly than the usual travel-SIM options.

@Korth wrote:

Airalo is shockingly cheap - even cheaper than Public Mobile unless you c

I might even buy an eSIM-capable device just to try Airalo out the next time I leave Canada.

Too rich for my blood, but as soon (10 years maybe Robot LOL) as I upgrade to an e-SIM phone I'll be switching. Did you notice how cheap UK is versus Canada? Robot surprised

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am Airalo is shockingly cheap - even cheaper than Public Mobile unless you collect a modest number of monthly Rewards. With the upside of roaming or relocalizing your plan (cheaply) across 50+ countries. With the flipside of relying on Rogers mobile network in Canada. They're an online-only business sort of like a "Public Mobile for travellers". And they charge less for eSIMs than Telus/Koodo/etc, lol.

I might even buy an eSIM-capable device just to try Airalo out the next time I leave Canada.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Charging $20 is a cash grab for a QR code.  e-SIMs are not transferrable from phone to phone.  So, selling e-SIMs would be a huge cash grab. 

Airalo e-SIMs work in many countries including this one.  $18 gets 5GB, no e-SIM fee.  Peruse the social media sites and you will be able to find all sorts of free top up codes.  If you can get $5 worth of top up, you can buy a 1GB e-SIM to try. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Interesting news. And interesting how Telus/Koodo has chosen to implement their eSIMs. On a limited selection of certain new devices (for now) ... and $20 each, more than they charge for physical SIM cards, haha. Looks to me like they're basically going to commoditize eSIMs as a "prestige" tech feature, like they do with VoLTE.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/esim-voucher

Need Help? Let's chat.