cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Location

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

Lol...you made me look! Mine used to say Ontario but now it says BC. It must of changed when my IP address changed after telus updated my router. That was the IP address that @big_rick got banned for 8 months.....well it's still banned just for somebody else!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA

Yes and No. An email was recieved the next day that the community username had to be changed and it was changed to the customers full name (gee thanks thats not a security risk?!!)without an ability to change the username because the email and IP address was already banned at the time of the email being recieved.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious  It is unfair they ban because of username.  The system allowed!!! 

Did they approach you and ask you to change?

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Coka  I know some got banned because of bravo gaming

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coka 

Lol....@big_rick's choice of a humorous username resulted in his email, our IP address and his community account/username being banned within 12 hours of its creation. There was no warning or opportunity to change the username once created despite me cautioning him that the choice while funny was not the best choice. Despite seeing the folly of his ways and never actually posting in the community justice served was quick and irreversible.

Below is for  convenience if suggested and necessary.

@computergeek541 

I understand why you would move this post but the one you moved applied to the original question asked....but whatever closed minded censorship rules the day here in the community! No rhyme or reason given just absolute power.

@Coka wrote:

What did you do to get banned?

And how last 2 lines can resolve or answer initial question?

HI @Coka 

Yes, I think the last 2 line could help to resolve the issue.  If we still don't understand why the location was wrong, then yes, open ticket with  CS Agent, at least let them aware of the issue

Coka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1 

Lol...you made me look! Mine used to say Ontario but now it says BC. It must of changed when my IP address changed after telus updated my router. That was the IP address that @big_rick got banned for 8 months.....well it's still banned just for somebody else!

What did you do to get banned?

And how last 2 lines can resolve or answer initial question?

Need Help? Let's chat.