cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can someone give me a reason for optimism?

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

I completely disagree with your fix this time.....timmy's too weak and starbucks is too burnt. I happen to quite enjoy mcd's coffee......I haven't had a chance to try a&w's new offering but there's still the rest of today and tomorrow for a free one. Now i can get back to my essay to steve.....

Sorry, but you can't disagree with my fix, because I don't drink coffee from any of those 3 places, but I'm often in the vehicle when my wife has to make a coffee stop at either Tim's or Starbucks, therefore that's our "big outing", as per @steveb11 's post! 😜 😁

As for Timmy's being "too weak", have you tried their Dark Roast?

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous 

I've been to Paris there's a big difference or its just indifference.....this guy had no business serving the public. If you ever get to pick up that plasma tv we'll have to have a socially distant family reunion over a cup of coffee at timmy's......lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

What did you have a timmy's employee turn on you too? Or is your french as lousy as mine?

Nope...just the opinionated part and not afraid to express it. 🙂 I'm ashamed to say I have virtually nil French. "Cereal box" is about it. Gratooit a linterear. 🙂

That's a great Tim's story. But isn't there a stereotype that French people can be rude and gruff? So it shouldn't be any surprise? Not that all French people would be of course.

@steveb11 

See we really are some big slightly dysfunctional family around here.....with my brother from another mother....

@Anonymous 

What did you have a timmy's employee turn on you too? Or is your french as lousy as mine?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : To continue this wandering off-topic...it's eerie how we really do seem to be siblings from different parents. 🙂 No wonder we butt heads on occasion. 🙂

@CFPartDeux 

He went way downhill....once he started screaming for security I walked away in shock at his reaction. I've been in the hospitality/customer service business for a very long time which is why I said something in the first place. To put it nicely he wasn't treating customers who didn't speak or understand french the same as those that did....and after all I was the customer he was the employee he has certain obligations for his conduct I on the other hand had only societal ones which I kept and I only stayed true to my big mouth......If you see something. Say something......I've only ever kicked myself for not following up with the head office and getting him fired for his behavior and his attitude.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious  DANG, that must've gone A LONG WAY downhill to get to the point of "trying to have you arrested"..... must've been more than just comments on lousy customer service attitude. 😮

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux 

Meh.....if forced into a purchase at timmy's ( I have actively boycotted them since a bad experience at the Montreal airport where an employee tried to have me arrested and almost missed my connecting flight after I commented to a fellow employee that the other needed to check his attitude if he intended to stay in customer service. He then called me a witch with a b....i told him he was rude..... it went downhill from there.... anyhow I don't mind their steeped tea.

Need Help? Let's chat.