cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing with signal again

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A few of you may know, but I play around with my signal from time to time... LTE vs wcdma mainly. But just now I thought of a bit of a different thing to try. I decided to have my device look for networks around me (in one of the crappier signal areas in my place) and interestingly, telus nor koodo shows up as options. I wonder if public mobile would be there if it wasn't the official carrier I'm on? For kicks I told it to connect to bell, then Rogers, just to see what the bars would do, and they got better in both cases. Of course without a Sim I can't fully test it, but it certainly has me curious. I even tried gsm, and in that instance the scan only brought up Rogers, but when I tried it the bars were still better. I wonder if there's somehow a tower closer to me that's Rogers only ? Or, what it's truly measuring in the absence of a proper Sim for them? Things that make you go Hmm... 

I've looked here and there for boosters, but as a ground floor unit, truly mounting the outdoor part is just not feasible and it didn't work just in the window

(I'm aware of the WiFi calling on TextNow and stuff, not looking for workarounds , was more just purely curious. It's not awful, but it does do a number on the battery life per day)

Screenshot_20220907-100132_Mobile networks.jpg

0 REPLIES 0
Need Help? Let's chat.