cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old reward system

Cando11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. The recent announcement that PM is switching all legacy customers from rewards to the point system, I am curious as what other cell phone carriers for  Ontario residents might consider switching to?

3 REPLIES 3

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cbPM51 Ya plus you can gift data to others.

If I were to leave PM, Fizz would probably be where I go.  They are the closest in terms of value to match PM.  Again though, the rewards/incentives are nice and all, but like PM, they can change those rewards/incentives at any time.  With Fizz being a "newish" carrier, they needed to add incentives to get ppl to join.  Once they get established, similar to now PM, I expect those incentives to change just like PM recently did.  PM only offered the "loyalty" program to establish themselves and then altered it to the points program in Jan 2022.  I expect the same thing to eventually happen with Fizz as well.

So be forewarned, Fizz may be a great option now, but that could change very quickly.

cbPM51

With fizz you also get carry over data for 2 months.

NICE TOUCH

kcorscadden

If the only reason why you are with PM is because of the rewards system, then you're here for the wrong reasons.  The reward system is/was nice and all, but it's the cheap plans that are the real reason why ppl should be here.  Where else are you going to get a $34 5G 50GB CAN/US plan on a nationwide network that doesn't require piggybacking off someone else's network aka Freedom?  Rewards are great and all, but that shouldn't be your primary reason for being here.

In terms of points and referrals, there isn't anybody, PM is pretty much it.

In terms of alternatives, there is PC Mobile, Fizz, Freedom.  However, they don't offer referral bonuses and such like PM does.  They offer cheap plans which are competitive to PM and that might just be enough to entice you to switch.

Need Help? Let's chat.