cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Leaving public because I cannot get $34 for 50GB

JenCanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a loyal customer with public for 10yrs.

And the only way to keep my cell number and get this promotion is for only new subscribers.  

I am going to leave on January 1st to another provider because I know I will get something better than public mobile.

#$34

18 REPLIES 18

Good luck hope it works out. Gotta do what you gotta do!!

JenCanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I left public mobile and got $34 for 50gb with koodo.  

Screenshot_20240104_165731_Chrome.jpg

My son moved to freedom.

Freedom has $34 for 50GB for Canada and USA

esel
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Yeah, I've seen lots of frustration online about these new subscriber only plans

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Crossing fingers it works out for you too. But yes, there are a lot of deals right now. Not sure why PM is being so stingy and creating so much extra work for their agents (think of all the requests they are getting right now...).

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good for you. I will see what happens. Notice a few providers offering good deals. 

JDBlue1966

Make a mockery of the rewards program. 

mrsblondee

I just managed to get the $34 / 50gb plan on my account and on my husband's. We were on the Black Friday promo of $34 for 40gb. They said it is a one time exception.

JDBlue1966

Not yet. Only emailed them a few hours ago.

mrsblondee

Did they give it to you?

JDBlue1966

Forgot to say, reach out to an agent. Thats what i have done. Funny thing though is I don’t really need the extra data. It’s the principal with me. Same as you.

JDBlue1966

Not sure is any others are better. I see your point though. I am in the same position. They are bassically the same as cable providers. Offer better deals to get new customers. All while ignoring the loyal customers. Anyway, what we do is play the game, just go between providers. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not trying to keep you in Public Mobile as I have nothing to gain from that. But, I have to share my experience with these 34 dollar plans. My uncle moved to Public Mobile a few years ago and initially he got a 40 dollar plan with 5 GB (available at that time). But over time the data allotment increased steadily and now he's on a 34 dollar plan which has 40 GB which I am sure many other members (and maybe you) are on as well. The only thing I had to do to move him steadily to this plan to keep an eye out for new plans ever few weeks and keep looking at the plans page. Overall when you combine the fact that he started with the 40 dollar plan which had just 5GB and then now on 34 dollar plan which has 40GB and also has loyalty points so actually not paying 34 dollars but more like 29 dollars or less (I don't exactly know how much friends referrals he has so I am just adding the number of years loyalty and the auto pay). So for that amount I think that it's a pretty good plan and when he gets to 5 year loyalty he'll go to 27 dollars or less. Overall I believe that these 34 dollar plan (with 40 GB not 50GB) was offered to existing members in the past and might be offered to existing members in the future; as it's not the lowest plan that Public Mobile has, there's incentive to offer it to existing users as some people might upgrade. At least for me the 34 dollar plan with 40GB if offered (just like they did during Christmas I think) makes sense given your loyalty points.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @JenCanada 

You can always reach out to a CS Agent and tell them you're leaving and see what they say. I honestly don't think it will get you anywhere. However, one member here was able to get the $40 75GB 5G plan on a technicality. It's $6 more a month but get 25GB more at full speeds. Just thought I'd share.

Mimi16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m considering doing the same

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JenCanada 

I’ve noticed lately that other carriers are offering great deals than PM during the holiday deals.

I don’t blame you for switching to another carrier…this will be common with other members.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That is most unfortunate. That is a long time to be with one company.  Regrettably,  no one from Public Mobile will see this message so it wouldn't affect them. A large percentage of the people would have to leave and im no phycic but I don't feel that money people would so that their bottom line feels the pinch.

mrsblondee

I hope that PM takes notice. 

mrsblondee

I think a lot of people will be jumping ship. This is no way to treat customers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.