cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo offers again?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I just got a 5179 offer about the "Boxing week Koodo Winter Sale". My first Koodo offer on this number!

A fat credit (bribe) to start paying more at Koodo, generous double data on some plans, and $0 upfront on an iPhone 11 tab. These details might all be very appealing for some. But they're also all exact opposites of what appeals to me, lol.

The free JBL Tunes headset might be cool. Though I could spend some of the money I save staying with PM to just buy my own $50 headset.

Surely Public Mobile knows all about me, my payment preferences, my usage habits. Plus I'm a rather handsome brand ambassador, lol. So why would they send such offers to customers (like me) who find them utterly unappealing ... and not send these offers to those customers who would most eagerly and impulsively love to embrace them? Indeed, why not send these Koodo migration offers (as final retention attempts) to customers who are already expressing dissatisfaction with PM?

I'm not complaining about being annoyed by the offers. They can be unsubscribed, says so right in the message.

But I am wondering what the people in charge of this advertising channel are thinking. It's like a combination of shotgun-scatter spam and carefully choosing the wrong targets for friendly fire. Not only a waste of text and time, but also a double-sided demotivator.

5 REPLIES 5

@popping wrote:

Over 2 years ago, the PM to Koodo migration lottery was a big hit.  People want to get in the Koodo migration offer which was inexpensive comparing to other providers at that time.  People called it a lottery because getting a PM account will not guarantee a migration offer. 

I was one of those people who got a lottery ticket. i.e. an PM account.  I did not get the right plan for the migration offer.  I activated an $45 plan.  But migration offer was targeted the $40 and $120/12GB/90days plan owners.  After staying with PM for couple of months without winning the lottery, I discovered PM has a better deal than Koodo with PM rewards system.  I use PM savings to finance my new phone.

It is rewards that keep the customer base loyal.  It is what differentiates Public Mobile from everyone else.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

TBH, the Public Mobile bread and butter plans are the ones with smaller amounts of data.  Generally the upper tier brands target much heavier data users.  Right now the cellular market is like the home internet market a number of years ago where included usage is being bumped up asymptotically.  It stands to reason that the offers don't line up well with the target audience.  Marketing is not necessarily about helping customers find exactly what they need at better terms.  It is about convincing them to consider expanding beyond just basic needs.  In fact marketing is all about raising awareness and showcasing the products in the best light possible so as to draw the attention of prospective customers.  Good marketing turns wants into needs.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Korth "Surely Public Mobile knows all about me, my payment preferences, my usage habits. Plus I'm a rather handsome brand ambassador, lol. So why would they send such offers to customers (like me) who find them utterly unappealing "

It's PM's new marketing bot, SAILaway, in action! 🤣

Quality of transition offers has declined now that PM's marketing strategy/offers do not pull from Koodo. The last bonafide killer deal was the 2016 90 day $120 12 GB plan (LTE of course). Nada since then, and especially since Chatr, Lucky and PM became "competitors" in the throttled LTE segment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Over 2 years ago, the PM to Koodo migration lottery was a big hit.  People want to get in the Koodo migration offer which was inexpensive comparing to other providers at that time.  People called it a lottery because getting a PM account will not guarantee a migration offer. 

I was one of those people who got a lottery ticket. i.e. an PM account.  I did not get the right plan for the migration offer.  I activated an $45 plan.  But migration offer was targeted the $40 and $120/12GB/90days plan owners.  After staying with PM for couple of months without winning the lottery, I discovered PM has a better deal than Koodo with PM rewards system.  I use PM savings to finance my new phone.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile, No matter where you go still in Telus. LOL. Merry Christmas!

Need Help? Let's chat.