cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line to Mobile long distance?

gordk6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a cell phone connected to Public Mobile. Some friends of mine ,when trying to call me ,( from a landline)are alerted the number is long distance, even though they live very close to me.

I assume that they must dial one in front of the prefix in order to connect to my cell phone from their landline. 
Will they be charged Long distance when they call me?

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gordk6 wrote:

I have a cell phone connected to Public Mobile. Some friends of mine ,when trying to call me ,( from a landline)are alerted the number is long distance, even though they live very close to me.

I assume that they must dial one in front of the prefix in order to connect to my cell phone from their landline. 

Yes, they will be charged Long distance rates.  Did you select your Public Mobile number based on where you live?  Have you moved since you have activated your phone number?  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

not sure where you are.. but depends on where your phone number belongs to and where their landline belongs to 

for example, calling from Markham 905 to Mississauga 905 is a long distance.  So, if your Cell number belongs to Mississauga 905 and your friends landline at Markham 905.. even you both live in Markham, it's a long distance charge.

@gordk6 wrote:

Whether your friends need to pay long distance is dependent on the plan an carrier that they are paying and the city that your phone number belongs to. This is a question that the carrier of the person who is making the call can properly answer.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@gordk6 wrote:

@gordk6 It sounds like your number isn't "local" to your friends regardless of where they live. If their landline provider says the call is long distance for them they will probably get charged unless they have a plan to cover it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If they have to dial 1 @gordk6, then they may be subject to long distance charges, yes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.