Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 4G or higher any better?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received this E-Mail this morning, which is also my birthday today:

The new Public Mobile Experience is here. We're putting even more
power in your hands with 4G speed plans and a brand new My Account experience. Together with Public Points and the updated Community,
things just keep getting better.

4G speed plans are here.

Get more selection than ever with our new 4G speed
plans. Browse up to 30x faster1 and get up to 40GB
of data when you switch today.

Is 4G or higher worth it?

5 REPLIES 5

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't see much of a need to upgrade personally for basic web browsing, messaging, etc. I'd rather more throttled data than less faster data if all else was the same lol 

Tabitha17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If the things you download , stream on your cell make it lag then yes but I've never needed faster and see the price difference is quite substantial 

abmfocus4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It ultimately depends on your needs. But as a student who frequently uses her phone, I've found 4G plans have a much higher data speed. You can also try out the new introductory offer for the 4G plans by Public that is currently available.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Angelic_Fille90    The 4G plans are priced at a higher cost but yeah the data speed will be much faster.  Depends if you found the 3G speeds to be limited for your usage or not if it's worthwhile to upgrade to the new plans.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Angelic_Fille90   It is a personal choice

Keep in mind, all the 3G plans are still using LTE but with reduced speed.

If you never notice any speed issue and you are happy with what you got, there is no need to make change to the more expensive 4G plans

Need Help? Let's chat.