cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Samsung Trade-in

TrevorF1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to trade in my device for a new one through Samsung.ca. When I put in the imei (the primary, secondary, or esim one) I'm getting an error message that says it can't be validated.

I purchased my phone through koodo but switched over to Public last summer. Google tells me that it may be an issue that my carrier can help with. I'll also be contacting Samsung.

Anyone had any experience with this? There are some great trade in deals that I want to take advantage of and this is holding me up.

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TrevorF1980 

No problem with me applying my IMEI but they only give you peanuts for your old phone unless it is last year model.

Last month Samsung offered a bonus $200 plus your trade-in value of your phone so my S9 trade-in value was $220.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TrevorF1980 

the Samsung trade-in IMEI lookup has never been reliable., I used that multiple times.  Not sure if it can still be done that way, but it used to allow you to bypass the validation,  just enter it and have the final confirmation check after you ship it back

No, PM, or even other carriers in this situation, won't be able to help.  It is what it is as shown on the About screen and on the original box as well.  of you really need to clarify it, please contact Samsung 

Need Help? Let's chat.