cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm moving to freedom

publicler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No more loyalty pricing on the $15 plan makes it kind of terrible (250mb/100min). I'm going to go to freedom on their annual prepaid plan. What fees should I expect?

I might start a new number.

6 REPLIES 6

publicler

One more update. If you purchase a prepaid plan online the set up fee is just the sim card, so $10. Total cost of ownership after 3 years would be ~$412.

I've run into a snag that I'll need to think about since I sometimes need to make and receive US calls. I haven't found another provider who offers one time, rollover US calling add ons. Seems that Public is not actually out of place offering a rewards type program.

publicler

publicler

Tempting to go with the monthly if they have a $5 discount. I already don't use my credit card 'rewards' and I don't want another system like that.

I'm looking at about $230 in savings over 3 years if I switch to the annual prepaid, + a referral fee. I will be getting a new number and someone said I might be able to get a free sim from Best Buy mobile kiosk.

publicler

WiFi calling is a must for me

anotheran

My friend is in the freedom annual plan. He likes it. Just mage sure the places you go to have enough coverage for you. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@publicler 

You can port your number out to Freedom and plans start at $19/month at 4G/LTE but there is a $5 credit if on AutoPay and no perks like the $15 on the Points Rewards.

PM have more towers on Telus and Bell network with fewer dead zones.

Need Help? Let's chat.