cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long have you been at public mobile for and what keeps you around?

Tman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone just wondering how long you have been at public mobile for and what keeps you around?

15 REPLIES 15

emilyvatttt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for a year and a half. I'd say the main reason I stay is the price! It's one no one can beat, I've looked into other prepaid companies and I personally think public gets me the most bang for my buck☺️ I have the 40$ plan for 5gb, I don't mind the 3G speed(no difference from LTE in my perspective) after a friend told me about public I'll ever go back to the big contract companies! 

pumpkinspice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

15 months 🙂

love the rewards system and the free GB 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

only 2month, the reward program is good. 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tman it's been over a year for me and the price is right for unlimited text and calling. As well as, when my data runs out PM doesn't rob me.

@Boh wrote:

I just joined near the end of September.  I have to say the service is good.  I left Rogers after many many years.  The bills were just ridiculous.  I tried Freedom but I wouldn't get calls and I'm in Etobicoke.  So I tried this and no complaints.  So I'm happy. 

The southeast end of Etobioke was pretty much unusable for Freedom Mobile customers for the better part of 10 years.  It's only in about the last 2 years or so that things have gotten better.

Boh

I just joined near the end of September.  I have to say the service is good.  I left Rogers after many many years.  The bills were just ridiculous.  I tried Freedom but I wouldn't get calls and I'm in Etobicoke.  So I tried this and no complaints.  So I'm happy. 

Yeah, Loyalty and Referral Rewards are a trap lol, once you start paying $ or $$ less on your monthly phone bill you tend to be "invested" into hanging around.

Community Rewards... It's easy to get a little (simply introducing yourself in the community already puts you near "Top 50%" because most PM customers and community members hardly even bother to logon)... But it's more challenging to work up to higher Reward tiers (because the active community members tend to be *very* active and increasingly knowledgeable/informative with time). 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Been year just over 3 years.  I stay because the service is still reasonably priced and the rewards make it cheaper than any other option.  Things like auto pay and loyalty rewards are hard to pass up.  The other two rewards take a bit of effort but can be rewarding as well.  We don't have bottle returns in ON and so it's not an option.  I had to throw this in before @ShawnC13  starts talking about collecting empties on the street. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

3 months...switched over because of price, value and rewards. No difference from Bell or Rogers expect for my monthly bill.

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A bit before last spring. What keep me around is the fact that for the price of the one landline we ditched we have two phones with PB. All we ever wanted was voice anyway.

TrevorL

I have had my plan with PM for a few months now and it seems to be the cheapest plan for the most amount of great offers. Also I got it because we do not have wifi at home and the plans provide enough data for a reasonable amount of money!! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tman wrote:

Hey everyone just wondering how long you have been at public mobile for and what keeps you around?

3 years tomorrow. Loyalty rewards, autopay, referral rewards and community rewards who doesn't like a free phone plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lapis_19

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tman wrote:

Almost 18 months. Rates and rewards.

Almost 10 days and I find the coverage is much better that what I was getting from my previous carrier. On top of that who does not like savings.  I think we must stay with PM for a least 6 months to be able to do a good assessment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tman wrote:

Almost 18 months. Rates and rewards.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I joined tonight and this community is what keeps me around because I'm curious as to how this "community involvement reward" works. I expect everyone is here to save money on their expensive plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.