Hockey Night in Canada!!!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

flames.jpg

 Hockey Predictions Year?

186 REPLIES 186

TheGx

@softech :Haha, Just takes a long time to repair! Keep our Cup! Keep our Cup!

@TheGx  if they did a little trick and delay the fix a bit, it might turn out that Montreal gests to keep the Cup longer than Tampa Bay could  this year!!!

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TheGx wrote:

Let the Hockey Gods curse Tampa Bay for breaking our Cup and curse them to never win Cup again🤬 

Yeah, I guess they were trying to repeat some crap that Tom Brady managed to do, in spite of being drunk at the time.

As for them being cursed, I guess they must've been blessed this year...... I'm sure those following this thread have heard about how they legally skirted salary cap issues by Kucherov being injured for all, or most, of the regular season, and then made a miraculous recovery in time to be the leading playoff scorer? They're going to have to jettison some sizable salary(s) to get under the cap for next season, and the speculation is, given that they already previously "shopped" him around, at least one of those salaries will be Tyler Johnson. 🤔

TheGx

@softech :Haha no they can't keep our Cup even if they break it like they already did, the Cup has to go back to Montreal now to get fixed - which is ironic that Montreal is the place where there repair the Cup, because even when Montreal losses they get Cup for little bit.

they broke it.. so, they get to keep this broken one forever?  LoL

still even Tampa Bay is cursed, there are still 30 teams to beat for Leafs to get the Cup back...

TheGx

Let the Hockey Gods curse Tampa Bay for breaking our Cup and curse them to never win Cup again🤬

NA-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-stanleycup-offplatform.jpg

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

@CFPartDeux I completely agree with what you said and although I see why people irritated when Kucherov opened his mouth during the interview, it is professional sports at the highest level. If you become a champion or a contender you should not be criticized for saying certain things. 

OH, guess I missed something..... I assume you're talking about a post game interview? I turned off the game as soon as it was over, and didn't watch ANY of the post game stuff. Must be something I should go look for..... 🤔

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFPartDeux I completely agree with what you said and although I see why people irritated when Kucherov opened his mouth during the interview, it is professional sports at the highest level. If you become a champion or a contender you should not be criticized for saying certain things. 

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Even though they didn't bring Cup back, Les Habitant still made us proud, they gave their all and winning isn't everything - it's how the game is played and they gave it their best effort 👏👏👏🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Well, that platitude is fine for kids sports, but this is professional sports we're talking about, and in reality, winning IS everything. Having said that, yes, it was a most excellent effort, for the most part, and they far exceeded my expectations. Having said THAT, with the exception of game 2, they were largely outplayed, and seemed to appear as though the tank had run out of gas after the semi-final. 🤔

TheGx

@softech :I hope full 82 games...seems they plan to start in October as usual 👍

.. well.. it's always next year   

so, are we getting a full 82 games next year?

TheGx

Even though they didn't bring Cup back, Les Habitant still made us proud, they gave their all and winning isn't everything - it's how the game is played and they gave it their best effort 👏👏👏

Seeing the heartbreak tonight was agonizing, especially the veterans like Webber Gallagher Price Stall Perry - it hard not winning but Cup or no Cup the way hockey players pick themselves up to congratulate the team that they just lost too is so honorable, and these Canadiens did indeed prove to the world how honourable Les Habitants and Canada are🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

b9d9be27-d8e6-5162-de49-6d8ff3a48d54-1024x575.jpeg

0618-spt-habs-gamer.jpg

234702_f06e02b3ae29844a5e838909a8def732c6c744a2.jpg_facebook.jpg

Hab_fans.jpg

cut.jpg

The 2021 Montreal Canadiens🍻🍻🍻

stevenanto

tonight is the night to see who will be victorious, what a story it will be if the habs make it back. 

TheGx

Well, we're still alive at least, and our Canadiens have avoided being embarrassed by a sweep - so I am totally satisfied by their efforts no matter what happens tonight, and I for one am totally proud of them as a Canadien🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦!!!

But, I know for sure that these Habs are definitely not satisfied, until they bring that Cup back to Canada where it belongs for good!!!

Montreal down 3 games to one now in the Stanley Cup playoffs last round, could be the last game of the year - again...unless we beat those blue dolts again like we did to them last game hahaha!!!

Well, no matter if they win or lose, at least they did what no other teams did this year - and that is make it to the last round against those blue dolts, and avoided being swept by then too!!!

Whatever happens win or lose, Montreal still made Canada proud - so gogogo Montreal🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦!!!

USATSI_16373407.jpg

ckmztdkhefrumsm41g18.jpg

Hab_fans.jpg

b9d9be27-d8e6-5162-de49-6d8ff3a48d54-1024x575.jpeg

Gogogo Les Canadiens!!! Allez allez allez Les Habitants!!!

CFPartDeux

Uhm..... okay..... 😕

@CFPartDeux 

No you have it all wrong....I went back to not watching the game. You're welcome!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Second....the Leafs came back to win in '42.

It almost seems as though you're not following along here @darlicious(although I suspect you are) ..... the talk is about semi-intentionallly losing a game, whereas I'm pretty sure Detroit DIDN'T do that back in '42. 🙄

Aaaaand, it appears the Tampa mayor's plan is working to perfection..... 🤮 

@softech 

Second....the Leafs came back to win in '42.

I dun mind they lower the capacity to 15%.. rather safe than sorry.. 

and yes... i dun think any team will purposely loss a game so they can win the cup in their own arena.  not everything is 100% in your control.. anything can happen.  they don't want to make "history" ..first team to give away a Stanley Cup after a 3-0 series lead.

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Yeah Tampa not dumb enough to let us win for sure.

About the arena, 3,500 our over 20,000 seats is way too low capacity I think even for virus safety, definitely not full capacity - but half capacity shouldn't be a problem in a building so big, or even a third or a quarter.

CFPartDeux

While I don't think the restrictions inside the arena are a bad thing, the comparison from inside to outside is utterly ridiculous, and quite frankly, the folks outside, given how jam packed they are, with few, or any, masks is also ridiculous!

As for "letting" the Habs win one, I read a blurb today, that apparently the Tampa mayor wants the Habs to win tonight, so they can win the Cup at home. The team, OTOH, is no doubt not stupid enough to think THAT'S a good idea. 🙄

TheGx

@stevenanto :Yeah I totally agree, those restriction are even keeping alot of the Tampa family and friends from attending the game too, what an embarrassing decision from the Quebec government.

I hope Tampa let's Montreal win just to lift the Cup back in Tampa, but I doubt it - they will try to sweep rather than give us a chance to reverse our luck.

But, either way, hopefully Montreal can upset them tonight and maybe in Tampa too!

stevenanto

Although I am not a habs fan and I live in Montreal, I as many people am very surprised they made it to the finals. What I find really dumb is the covid restriction that were put in place and were only allowed to have about 3500 spectators at the bell centre. This allowed people to price gouge tickets for for 3-4k. then you look outside the bell centre and see that there are way over 30-40k people, not social distance or mask just clumped up. How was that smart? 

Its been 28 years since they last made it to the stanley cup finals and now some fans just lost out on their chance to see them in action at the bell centre. 

The way I see it it will also be the first time in 28 years that the stanley cup will be in Montreal which is cool. 

Now we ask ourselves the question, will Tampa go for the sweep or just give one to Montreal and go back home for the win in front of their crowd?

TheGx

Montreal down 3 games to none now in the Stanley Cup playoff last round, could be the last game of the year.

Well, no matter if they win or lose, at least did what no other teams did this year - and that is make it to the last round against those blue dots!

Now hopefully they'll at least win one hand or more against those dolts!

But, whatever happens win or lose, Montreal still made Canada proud - so gogogo Montreal🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦!!!

Hab_fans.jpg

Gogogo Les Canadiens!!! Allez allez allez Les Habitant!!!

TheGx

@softech :Never! CBC Hockey Night in Canada is always Hockey Night in Canada no matter what teams play or where they playing haha, can let them take everything away!

So, likely Monday would be Hockey Night in USA or Stanley Cup Night in USA???

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :They were pretty bad last night, especial after getting 3rd goal and having empty net not able to keep possession of puck...

Was really hoping they would be better at home where they could like match better, just so many mistakes that ended with TB goals...

I still gonna watch game 4 on Monday, hoping that an extra day off will help them somehow, was hoping they'd at least win a game or two...I'll still cheer for them, they've made to the final round of playoffs so at least that better than the rest of league.

I think Price will have at least one good game this series, and last chance to do it Monday night...

CFPartDeux

Aaaaaand, as I said about stickin' a fork in them..... oh, wait, I get it now - they've got Tampa RIGHT where they want them, i.e. they've lulled them into a false sense of security, and now it's time to chip away at their confidence, period by period, game by game, 'til they deal the final blow in game 7..... did I get it correct @TheGx ??? 😉 🙄

Man, oh man, Price has let in several where he just couldn't quite squeeze 'em, or couldn't get a big enough piece of the puck to keep it out, but even more worse, I sure hope Ducharme comes to his senses and get Gustafson OUTTA THERE, and puts in either Romanov, or Kulak, or for that matter, both of them, and sit Merrill too. Gustafson's EXTREMELY weak defense, or total lack thereof, cost them a potential tie game and a shot in O.T. 🤮 

TheGx

Montreal down two games in series now... the series resumes back in Montreal so all of Canada can really rally behind Les Canadiens so they can get to the cup!

cut.jpg

Allez! Allez! Allez! Go! Go! Go Montreal!!!

TheGx

Don't worry, now that they back home for two games they will do way better👍

0618-spt-habs-gamer.jpg

No matter what happens anyways, they made it to finals and are giving their best to bring the Cup home🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

First game they were outplayed, second game they outplayed those dolts but had no luck, I think they can win these next two games at home😀

But even if they don't they still made Canada proud and that's what matters🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Gogogo Montreal!!! Allez allez allez Les Canadien!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.