Hockey Night in Canada!!!

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

flames.jpg

 Hockey Predictions Year?

186 REPLIES 186

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CFPartDeux I can agree with you on that now that im older. but I still think it beat what they have right now, what on earth is it?

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TheGx wrote:

@CFPartDeux :And Walt Disney took away the name Mighty too, the Ducks is way worse than the Mighty Ducks - can't believe they can only be called the friggin' Ducks now, and their simple Duck sweater sucks, what is that a duck footprint for a d? That fathead random sticker is even a better name and logo.

What do you all think about this plain Ducks logo? I hate it.

I don't care for the new name/logo either, but IMO, the new logo looks better than a cheezy, cartoonish, duck bill shaped goalie mask, from a movie.

In any case, as previously mentioned, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"......

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

@CFPartDeux come on lol, it was great to watch as a kid.

That is, if you were a kid at the time..... which I wasn't..... aaaaand, whether you were a kid at the time, or not, it STILL makes for a lousy team name and logo for a pro sports team..... IMHO. 😁

TheGx

@stevenanto & @softech :Yeah, Emilio Estevez one of my favorite actors too, especially in Young Guns and I can't like anything about Anaheim without their original Mighty Ducks name and logo.

@CFPartDeux :And Walt Disney took away the name Mighty too, the Ducks is way worse than the Mighty Ducks - can't believe they can only be called the friggin' Ducks now, and their simple Duck sweater sucks, what is that a duck footprint for a d? That fathead random sticker is even a better name and logo.

64-64265_nhl_anaheim_ducks_2013_logo_6628.jpg

What do you all think about this plain Ducks logo? I hate it.

stevenanto

@CFPartDeux come on lol, it was great to watch as a kid. we used to try to do the knuckle puck when playing outside either in winter or in summer, flying V, oh the memories

stevenanto

@TheGx That truly is one of the best jerseys and of course one of my favorite movies as a kid growing up!

CFPartDeux

And I always hated that logo, and the name, given that it came from a movie.... a cheezy movie, which made it even worse. 👎 Didn't mind their original colours, but they needed a better logo & name.

@stevenanto, i love that original logo too!!

TheGx

@stevenanto :Haha or not even then haha!

Too bad Walt Disney won't let Anaheim use their sweater again, I hate the team but have to admit their logo is original.

anaheim-mighty-ducks-1.jpg

stevenanto

@TheGx Gotta admit that they must only look cool when they come onto the ice with the smoke and strobe lights haha. 

TheGx

@stevenanto :Here a laser tag picture for you ahahaha! I still can't handle these ugly things!

dallas-stars-2.jpg

stevenanto

@TheGx Sometimes I just cant believe that they make it out. I get that there is a team of people creating and designing these but it should be presented to someone higher up or a panel. Im sure the people actually printing and sewing this are also like wtf lol

TheGx

@stevenanto :Haha no no I didn't make those ugly things, but they did wear it for their last game - almost as bad as Seattle lime green uniforms haha.

stevenanto

@TheGx Oh my, that looks horrible, looks like someone puked. Im sorry if you made this, but yeah it looks pretty bad. However it might look cool when playing laser tag haha

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :How about this Dallas alternate rendition haha, lime green has to be the worst!

dallas-stars-black-neon-green-jersey.jpg

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Haha yeah most not retro for sure, I would have liked to see most of them go true retro like the Detroit Edmonton Quebec LA Hartford Buffalo etc or very similar to what was their first sweaters, would have liked to see the first Vancouver sweaters put out again.

CFPartDeux

Some of those jerseys ARE "retro", but clearly a bunch of 'em are NOT, and are simply some alternate rendition, if for no other reason than they never had an older version of their jersey to revisit.

TheGx

As CFPartDeux was saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, here are all those retro jerseys:

NHL-Reverse-Retro-Jerseys.png

All these retros are pretty good, especially LA Anaheim Quebec Washington Buffalo both New York's and of course Calgary.

Can't stand Montreal as said before, and can't stand Arizona Columbus Las Vegas - can't handle Montreal in blue and St Louis in orange and Las Vegas symbol is to plain compared too their original designs.

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Yeah in first Calgary had too many penalties couldn't get going, they got going and didn't let up pressure all second and third - don't understand why NHL didn't make this a Battle of Alberta series instead of single game.

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Battle of Alberta - Calgary 1-0 

Hmmm, and the last I saw of it, it was 2-1 Edm., after having spent ~85% of the 1st period in Calgary's end..... guess they woke up in the 2nd and/or 3rd..... 🤔

TheGx

flames.jpg

Battle of Alberta - Calgary 1-0

5a1ca6b9fc7fe1a79917f2a0d861f686.png

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Indeed we shall see! Can't wait for tomorrow Calgary and Edmonton game!

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

@Pipcan :Yeah, will be difficult for sure to assess them when playing only their own divisions,

Agreed  - only playing these same teams over & over isn't a true indication of how a team actually stacks up.

Toronto will top their division for sure.

Maybe.... we'll see.....

But when playoffs here it'll still be Tampa Bay and Boston getting furthest.

See above. 😉

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

I cant believe Montreal lost to Ottawa lol

Well, you look at it and see Vancouver spanked Ottawa, Montreal spanked Vancouver, so naturally you'd assume Montreal would spank Ottawa, BUT, Montreal wasn't sharp, weren't fightin' for it as much as all the rest of their games, AND Ottawa's goalie played pretty well(if the TV guys are to be believed, apparently one of, if not the only, good games he's had since Ottawa got him). That, and as the TV guys pointed out, all their games last year were close, so it's just one of those oddities that are hard to explain..... 🤔

TheGx

@Pipcan :Yeah, will be difficult for sure to assess them when playing only their own divisions, Toronto will top their division for sure. But when playoffs here it'll still be Tampa Bay and Boston getting furthest.

TheGx

@stevenanto :Yeah Ottawa gonna suck this year and for few years haha.

stevenanto

I cant believe Montreal lost to Ottawa lol

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With teams only playing in their own divisions, it’s hard to know how the divisions match up.  I’m a Leaf fan so hoping they do well but wonder how they match up with the best of other divisions 

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Haha yeah Vancouver serious problems for sure, and their whale sweater the least of their problems.

Eye of the beholder for sure, still won't ever get used to royal blue for Montreal, grey can get used to because it is bland and not as loud - loud like those bright green Seattle Seahawks sweaters haha.

Are these the Toronto 3rd sweaters?

32ef20bd439ee6466bb49c25bfbcbb0a.jpg

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

@CFPartDeux :Ahahaha, even if you hate Toronto, gotta say Jason Spezza 3rd goal tonight was killer determination.

All of his goals were pretty nice, actually, but then Vancouver has some SERIOUS problems on defense. 😮

Huberdot goal tonight incredible too.

The Jets 3rd sweater this year pretty good:

Winnipeg_Jets_Adizero_Reverse_Retro(r)_Authentic_Pro_Jersey_Multi_GJ0606_01_laydown.jpg

Montreal 3rd sweater this year is disgusting:

rBVa4V-2eMeAfJ5yAAHpObJiQq8821.jpg

Well, clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I actually quite like Mtl.'s "reverse retro" jerseys. When I saw T.O.'s 3rd jersey the other day, at first I kinda liked them, but then I got a closer look, and they were rather bland, and that Jets thing above is EVEN worse, and I generally like grey! 🤮  😂 

Need Help? Let's chat.