cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on.... Rewards are great 😊

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

The reason many of us stick with Public Mobile is due to the 4 reward systems.

August 3rd is my next renewal which will make 14 months for a zero out of pocket bill.

Need to earn $18 from the community forums to be covered till 2021.

Just curious on who else has a zero or very minimal cell bill? (Oracle's I know you're likely like this please share if you want)

Also if thread gets pushed to lounge that is ok to.

24 REPLIES 24

Witcher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks 😊 

@Witcher wrote:

How active do you have to be on the forum to get any rewards. I’ve yet to see any other than the referral and auto pay rewards 

Very; for example

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Best-Reward-for-your-efforts/m-p/526063/hi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Witcher 

It would seem your 7 posts and 6 bravos in June were not enough to get any reward. It was probably kinda close but alas. Your one post in July definitely not.

Posts made here in the lounge don't count towards rewards.

@Witcher for the minimum amount, not much

top 25-50%/month

make a few post responses, create a topic question
give Bravo's to solutions and correct answers

Witcher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How active do you have to be on the forum to get any rewards. I’ve yet to see any other than the referral and auto pay rewards 

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, zero dollars! I can't even count that amount! I'm lucky if I get a dollar off here or there

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 Yeah I hope too. I cant wait for release. If they succeed it will probably make other carriers lower their prices too. 

@BearFBI  I look forward to see what comes of Dotmobile. Hopefully it will be as good as they claim it will be 🤞

BearFBI

@Jb456 Yeah I have. There's not much too it yet as it's still in beta.

I registered with dotmobile i think more than a year ago. I was originally wanting to go with them untill I found Public. 

Their launch date got pushed back to early 2021 because of COVID. I belive they have everything setup. Like their cloud core and the technology on their end. All their waiting for is network acsess to a big carrier.

@BearFBI . I have 4 emails registered with Dotmobile since last year.

I am surprised that they still have not reached 10k sign-ups for the founding members. Just checked and it's at 8192.

Have you tried the beta app?

@Jb456 wrote:

@ShawnC13  wow that's impressive! 9.5 years you must have lots of credits.

It actually isn't a lot lol.  That is with my Oracle reward included so ad an additional $60 to my 90 day renewal and it would get eaten up in a year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BearFBI

@Jb456 wrote:

@BearFBI . I am also watching Dotmobile closely. I signed up with them over a year ago. Seems like there is alot of potential.

If I had to choose (as it sounds like you're on the west coast) so you have options like Freedom. In Quebec we don't. So id likely stick with PM regardless of rewards or not.

I actually live in Northern Ontario. We have no Freedom coverage here and one day i was curious to try it. The problem here is that Freedom requires most of the usage to be on their network. I was trying to figure out a way around this and i remembered WiFI calling. WiFi calling counts as usage on the "Freedom Network".

I was all ready to try it out until i realized i wasn't able to get or port a number in my area because we don't have Freedom coverage. I have a feeling its coming here soon though.

Dot-mobile has loads of potential. I just created 8 google accounts to signup with Dotmobile as a founding member. Founding members get a free talk and text plan and perks. I might use that as a data only SIM. Now if they happen to get network access to one of the big 3 i have to brainstorm what im going to do with 8 Free talk and txt SIM's

@ShawnC13  wow that's impressive! 9.5 years you must have lots of credits.

I have the fall promo so $120 for 90 days.  I haven't had an out of pocket expense for over 2 years and currently, it is $6 per 90 days but have enough credits to go another 9.5 years.  Of course, that will go further once I get another $1 for loyalty

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Just curious on who else has a zero or very minimal cell bill? (Oracle's I know you're likely like this please share if you want)

Pretty easy with the $10 plan. 😎

yanzhiqiang

Good for you,I only get $5 off every month,if I can get 25% badge.

@computergeek541 

Agree! Prices are great. Id hate to see the $2 auto-pay reward disappear. Just my opinion but I think that's the main reward that is attracting to potential new customers.

It would great if certain options that other 3rd tier providers offer would trickle over to PM. Such as gifting data. Then again each one has their own way to appease consumers.

Example: one offers Can/USA text other offers worldwide. One offers something cool while other offers rewards.

With the current thing going on of opening MNVO to others. Maybe we'll see more features soon.

As for the referral part of you post. I see it the same way as you!

@BearFBI . I am also watching Dotmobile closely. I signed up with them over a year ago. Seems like there is alot of potential.

If I had to choose (as it sounds like you're on the west coast) so you have options like Freedom. In Quebec we don't. So id likely stick with PM regardless of rewards or not.

@Jb456 wrote:

The reason many of us stick with Public Mobile is due to the 4 reward systems.

August 3rd is my next renewal which will make 14 months for a zero out of pocket bill.

Need to earn $18 from the community forums to be covered till 2021.

Also if thread gets pushed to lounge that is ok to.

@Jb456  I have moved the thread.

I sure hope that Public Mobile isn't thinking about any changes to the rewards system. That's just my opinion though. I believe that rewards are the main reason that customers stick around. Without them, there are better plans at better prices available elsewhere. With rewards, however, the prices can't be beat.

If someone wants to say "why would Public Mobile want a bunch of customers who have free service?",  that free service is likely the result of referrals. I don't see much difference if someone has free service because one person got 50 referrals or if 50 different people got referral credits. I see that  as it costing Public Mobile $1 per 30 days for each either way.

BearFBI

@Jb456 Probably Lucky Mobile. Everything is so much more of a complete service there. They dont treat their service like a 3rd teir provider. Telus does a lot of compromising, You even see this in Koodo. The only problem with Lucky is that their a Bell company. If I had to choose now I would buy a data only SIM using airalo and for talk and text I would go with either a VoIP or cheap plan. 

If Dotmobile happens to succeed then I would be able to get a 0$ base unlimited talk and text plan. I would've probaly moved there. The data is an addon type and you pay extra.

The other option is Freedom Mobile. I could buy the 99$ Talk and txt year plan. I would only use it on the nationwide network to avoid their crappy network. I could use Wifi calling when home so it counts as usage on the "Freedom Network" so they dont boot me off. Then combine that with airalo. Price is cheaper than Public without rewards.

@popping  yes for those plans it's rather difficult lol. I'm sure your $40 or 50 plan is close to the 25ish mark 😊

@BearFBI  that's a great price as you're fairly new. (March I think).

Out of curiosity what provider would you be with (possibly) if it wasn't for PM's rewards. Also care to share a reason why? (like , better reception, etc)

BearFBI

@Jb456 I pay like 8$ a month on the 25$ plan. It changes sometimes because my community reward will fluctuate from month to month. I havent been that active recently. I dont expect much of a high rank.

If it wasnt for Publics rewards I wouldn't be here right now. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It is hard to get enough rewards to pay for a $40 or $50 plan fee.

Just saying.

Have a better and better day!

Need Help? Let's chat.