cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile Launches $29/month 20GB Canada-US Promo Plan

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2023/12/29/freedom-mobile-29-20gb-canada-us/

Quebecor’s Freedom Mobile continues to turn up the heat on incumbent wireless carriers and their flanker brands, as the company has now launched a new $29 Canada-US roaming plan.

The new $29/20GB 4G LTE plan includes talk, text and data use in Canada and the USA after digital discount (pre-authorized credit card payments, for bring your own device users, for 24 months.

Previously, this $29/20GB plan only included Canada-wide calling and data use, but now it has expanded to U.S. roaming.

The move looks to counter a $29/30GB 4G LTE plan launched by Fido, Koodo, Virgin Plus and Public Mobile.

Freedom Mobile also has a $34/50GB 5G Canada-US roaming plan right now also part of Boxing Week.

As Freedom Mobile’s coverage continues to expand across Canada, this $29 plan with U.S. roaming is pretty darn enticing. We haven’t seen a U.S. roaming plan drop below $30 per month before as it’s a fraction of the cost of flagship roaming plans from Rogers, Telus and Bell, which cost $95/month or more.

13 REPLIES 13

esel
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Hopefully these continue, and nation-wide instead of just Quebec so other carriers have to compete!! Really interesting the increase of CAN/US plans too

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kydd  AMEN  🙏 

Kydd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes hope they are listening the $34 20/40/50 gigs not bad but it's only here cause of end of year an competition .

But no complaints here in this economy I'll take any savings 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kydd  Yes Telus is even funnier because only top tier and expensive . Telus is the one that gives some win back offers that are the very best priced plans especially if you have 4 lines total right now they have win back for 120GB $50 5G+ and 150GB $60 CAN/US /mexico stack that with family discount and $45 Per line . I have old win back that was 25GB for $45 3 more lines and that came to $30 a line . So know with PM 50GB for $34 for one line I think is right up that ally just missing the 5G + speeds 😞 hope your listening PM 🙂

Kydd

Yes it's ironic plus fido have the 5hrs unlimited data perk which was great but they decided to increase my bill after one year so I switched.. Rogers /Bell is overated over priced 

Heard alot of great things about Telus in term of service they are top tear but my wallet say no no no 😂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kydd  It’s funny Fido was perfect and Roger’s was hit or miss considering they are the same aren’t they ?

Kydd

Great question I was in win mobile years ago back then it was iffy but price was great . I'm not sure how much better freedom mobile is now ..

I had fido they worked perfect  , bell wasn't to bad , Rogers was a hit an miss , so far PM I noticed when I have long phone calls it automatically disconnect 30mins 1hr etc also while on the phone I can't use the browser efficiently 

MohammadShaikh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Exactly, while PM has good coverage overall. @Chalupa_Batman  Therefore, there are deals that PM offers which are competitive like the $34 for 40GB for new customers and $40 for 60GB for existing. They will have new offers in 2024 as well which may help you get the best deal you are looking for. 

@MohammadShaikh myself I can’t say how good in theUS but here at home for freedom it’s the rural areas that can be hit and miss with freedom coverage 

MohammadShaikh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much better is freedom mobiles coverage compared to PM in Ontario and in the US? 
so far I have found PMs coverage quite good. 

Kydd

Highly competitive offers I will always be greatful to wind/ freedom mobile they flipped the switch 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman  Wow they sure are that crazy things are heating up . Hope thing don’t just flat mine come the new year . Wanna see this more of these aggressive plan offers from carriers 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Looks like Freedom Mobile is back at it again with an amazing offer. Will Public Mobile finally budge? 

Need Help? Let's chat.