Did you mean: 

Fizz new prices

tamzid1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fizz Mobile anmounced their new prices that are really competitive. Such as:

1GB data+voice+text = 30$

2GB data+voice+text = 33$

8GB data+voice+text = 38$

etc. You can go on the website to see the other prices by building your own plan. This is good news for us Public Mobile users as it means that Public Mobile will have to drop their prices in order to stay competitive agaisnt Fizz. Note: Fizz is only available in Eastern Ontario as well as Quebec.

5 REPLIES 5

Freedom has 100GB bonus when you have a tab now.  I don't want a contract, why do they discriminate to consumers?  Sure it's limited time, but if you want cheap data, that's where you need to go.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I see this as great news for customers even if many of us have no chance of taking advantage of Fizz because we are not in the Videotron service area.  It does help to reinforce that data is cheap and should not be metered as if it was gold.  If enough of the regional players step up to the plate and provide great deals, it will eventually be noticed by the national brands. 

I moved this to the Lounge, as it is more of a discussion of a competitor/another company.  Mods may decide we shouldn't even be mentioning other companies plan pricing who knows.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tamzid1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes true you're right. We don't know if Public Mobile will compete with Fizz since Fizz only provides service in 2 provinces and may not be seen as a direct competitor. And btw it's not like Fido or Koodo, it's actually more like chatr, public mobile and lucky mobile since Fizz is completely prepaid.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@tamzid1999 wrote:

Note: Fizz is only available in Eastern Ontario as well as Quebec.

his statement means nothing to Public Mobile.

Public Mobile has been competing in a National manner, and regions like Saskatchewan, Quebec, and Manitoba which also previously had regional carriers (Sasktel, Videotron, MTS) Public Mobile still only offered one set of prices across the nation.

Fizz is simply the 2nd tier of Videotron (I think that's what I've read), and is really no different than Fido to Rogers, or Koodo to Telus.  It's not in the market that Public Mobile is competing.

Interprovincial trade is in play here, and what subscribers pay in Ontario shouldn't be any different than what subscribers pay in another province or territory.  We are being hosed to buy from the local guy, even when they're a national player.

Need Help? Let's chat.