cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill with Telus, no credit

jai2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

On Jun 22nd last month I moved my 3 family lines over to Public Mobile. Prior to that I was with Telus and as we all know, even though it's post paid, you always pre-pay for upcoming month. In my case, my billing cycle was 18th of every month. My last bill was from Jun 18 to Jul 17 (pre-paid).

Now that I cancelled service (ported numbers over on Jun 22nd), should I not see bill credit for remainder of the month? I just logged in and it shows bill credit of $2.01. All of my hardware were off contract. 

Should I wait for another full billing cycle to see changes? 

Any thoughts

11 REPLIES 11

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It could be similar to Koodo’s method. It won’t be until after the second final bill date after leaving that they will mail out a refund. If your first bill after leaving is July 17 for instance, they won’t be mailing out a cheque until after August 17.

@jai2 

If you've already paid for your june18 - July 17th bill your prorated bill for that period will be approximately $21.65+ tax. That will result in a refund of $130-$21.65=$108.35+tax+$2.01 (current credit on bill?) more or less......

jai2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My bill was normally around $130 for 3 lines. All of my devices were off contract. I was just curious how it worked. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jai2 

Welcome to PM.

What is your Telus monthly charge?

Let say $30/m.  You paid your $30 May 18 - Jun 17 invoice before you port your Telus number to PM.  Your ported your Telus number to PM on Jun 22.  There is 4 days charge $4 for June 18 to June 22 at $1/day. 

I don't know why you get $2.01 credit which may be from previous overcharge be Telus.

How much you are owning on the  June 18 to July 17 statement?  If it is over $4 according to my calculation, call Telus to get the adjusted amount owning and pay it.  If you pay the full amount, you will get a refund from Telus in couple of months.  I prefer the money in my pocket instead of let Telus keeping it for couple of months.

@jai2 

I know when I switched from telus my amount due the day I switched was not the same as the eventual bill I recieved. They did email me to check my online account for my final bill within a week of switching. Unless your overly concerned about the payment or refund either log into your account in a few days or just wait for them to update and prepare your final invoice.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jai2 , this is a Telus concern that has nothing to do with Public Mobile.  Contact Telus to confirm the status of final billing.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jai2 Telus reps will clarify you about this so better to contact them. This forum is for PM service only. Welcome to PM! Enjoy the savings😉

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jai2 public and telus operate as two different businesses for the most part you will need to contact telus customer service for the answers to your inquiry 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact Telus.

1-866-558-2273

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you might be talking to the wrong people here, this forum is mostly about Public Mobile issues. You'd probably be better off contacting Telus customer support.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jai2 

@jai2 wrote:

Hello,

On Jun 22nd last month I moved my 3 family lines over to Public Mobile. Prior to that I was with Telus and as we all know, even though it's post paid, you always pre-pay for upcoming month. In my case, my billing cycle was 18th of every month. My last bill was from Jun 18 to Jul 17 (pre-paid).

Now that I cancelled service (ported numbers over on Jun 22nd), should I not see bill credit for remainder of the month? I just logged in and it shows bill credit of $2.01. All of my hardware were off contract. 

Should I wait for another full billing cycle to see changes? 

Any thoughts

@jai2 you will have to contact telus for that info 

Need Help? Let's chat.