cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community State

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456 , I think your statement goes towards everyone that participates in the community.  Everyone that is getting community reward has basically been a representative for PM at some time.  We are all the face of Public Mobile as we are the ones in here trying to help out the customers day after day.  

Although I agree with you to some extent people can still post a minimal amount and earn a reward.

Regardless of who is earning what, in any work environment, it starts from the top and trickles down. Lead by example they say! If the top does "potshots" it insinuates that the lower levels can do the same. 

I will still say you guys are the face of Public Mobile.

Anyone doing research when deciding to join the service will come across "The Oracle Program and Team". They can read about the Oracle team and a bit about each and everyone of you. 

Since PM has no phone support and are directed to the forums that is a con 1 for some potential clients. While they do their research in the forums and come across posts from the "Top" that are rude snide remarks that belittle other members that is con 2. 

I guess now add (as you said members that earn rewards) to the mix giving "potshots" back to the "top" is con 3. 

Now that potential client is out the doing signing up with lucky mobile.

👊

Thread was split from Original

54 REPLIES 54

@Luddite  I cant disagree with you....all very valid points. Having one thread that has a lot of passion in it and not a lot of other threads going on can certainly take over the landing page. While it may be important to those involved.....in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't dominate the headlines but be on the commentary page.....

It does bring up a point about the landing page that maybe some kind of limit can be put on the posts from one thread....one in the latest topics and one in the latest posts no more....each new post replacing the previous one?

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  I agreed that splitting my thread was a good idea and the "state" thread had a life of its own was split and remained in discussions until sometime today when it was moved not by the splitter but @Luddite  so maybe he will give us his reasoning. We need a board rhat deals with community related issues....as I think this is a valid discussion that is related to pm but not specifically phone related.

Short answer:  I have been asked to exercise my judgment and move threads/posts as needed. My assessment of this topic led to it's allocation to the Lounge.

A longer answer - involves a (sort of) personal decision tree that has developed during PM's evolution is over the last 5 years.

Why is there a forum: it's part of PM's marketing strategy

What are the Forum goals:

1. Deliver helpful accurate technical support to future/current customers

2. Continuity: persist even as members come & go

3. Be welcoming/accessible

Why then, do we now have the Lounge: to facilitate discussions that don't fit, or detract from, the primary goal but may support the other goals

This topic, per se, does not fit the prime directive. I am given to leniency since topics rarely persist long on the Community landing page. I become less tolerant as a topic's posts begin to occupy all the Recent Posts category. Ergo: move to the Lounge.

I admit to biases learned at the feet of our first Community optimus prime. Feel free to discuss the relevance of my biases/decisions with our current optima prime. 😼

Of course, some days I am just grumpy.

Grumpy Old Men 5y.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CannonFodder  I agreed that splitting my thread was a good idea and the "state" thread had a life of its own was split and remained in discussions until sometime today when it was moved not by the splitter but @Luddite  so maybe he will give us his reasoning. We need a board rhat deals with community related issues....as I think this is a valid discussion that is related to pm but not specifically phone related.

@ShawnC13, you would do well in today's world of data analytics! I use to know people who played and dug deep into numbers and stats, that they got paid to do that boring stuff (for me it was boring) but for people like you and @darlicious , you two love it. 

I think that's cool that you got 100% on his exam ever, and he was an author that book! What was the name of his textbook, maybe @darlicious would see if she can read it herself! 

@darlicious  See, I told ya - shouldn't have started askin' about the language filter, EVEN in your own thread! 🙄

And why does Meghan, Duchess of Sus**bleep** get bleeped!? The example I've used a few times.... maybe now I'll get a "3 strikes, you're out" ban. That, and now you'll be getting asked if it's acceptable to turf more posts to the abyss, since all this language filter talk is what set off the crapstorm on the weekend, and now even you are off-topic in your own thread!

@CannonFodder 

I still don't understand why :

a **bleep** dinner is getting **bleeped**?

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Oh no...thats not what I meant. I was asked and agreed to it and we came up with the appropriate place to split when the thread topic completely changed.

Ok, somewhat more palatable then, other than it's rather surprising, coming from the queen of "hating to send parts of threads down to the abyss". 😮

@darlicious wrote:

As the community turns.....and twists and turns.....

@Jb456 @CannonFodder @ShawnC13 

Ok assuming now we cannot use the anatomically correct names for any body parts covered with leaves since the reconnaissance period but

[snip]

Edit: What the heck is offensive about **bleep**? The horseradish? Au jus? Gravy made from drippings of the **bleep**? The legion offers an offensive dinner every Friday night to fundraise?

Yeah, it's pointless to even bother anymore - just type whatever it is you wanted to type, and let the filter post "**bleep**" instead. 🙄

I'm thinkin' that either this site is using the default filter that came with the software in the 1st place, and nobody ever looked into amending the settings for currently accepted language, EVEN among children (for example, when was the word "dam" with an "n" on the end of it, even consider foul language..... the early to mid 1960's?), OR whomever was responsible for setting up the language filter around here, really needs to get out more often..... 🙄

@CannonFodder  Oh no...thats not what I meant. I was asked and agreed to it and we came up with the appropriate place to split when the thread topic completely changed. It stayed in discussions until today when Luddite moved it. But the pie post was my end to to my thread and it got moved and tacked onto the new community state rather than stat....but the titles remain...oh well whatever.

@darlicious  As for the split of the thread, it's no doubt another case of someone making the decision that some of us veered too far off the topic of the stats, and turfed many of the posts down to the Lounge, whether you, as the OP in this case, wanted that done, or not, i.e. you don't get a say, EVEN in your own thread, probably because some of the stuff being said reflected badly on some people around here, and potentially PM, in turn.

That's why I started that thread titled "Off Topic", which makes it impossible to be off-topic..... really quite sad, though, that people can't have conversations without getting edited to the degree that happens here. 🙄

As the community turns.....and twists and turns.....

@Jb456 @CannonFodder @ShawnC13 

Ok assuming now we cannot use the anatomically correct names for any body parts covered with leaves since the reconnaissance period but we can use nicknames that are possibly considered inoffensive or with another meaning. That goes for user names such as @tigerwang1  or @Bj2001  We can still use hints.....rhymes with a female body part? Mulva? (Careful that autocorrects)

But I must be careful in any recipe when I list ingredients  that may or may not be **bleeped** like chicken breast or breasts but legs and thighs should be ok, a **bleep** dinner: such as a rack of prime rib or a rack of lamb. How the language filter uses words like pinorky or callipygian is another matter. Maybe we need an acceptable word search function so we can self filter and have no excuse for using words we thought were ok but they are not ok after all.

Edit: What the heck is offensive about **bleep**? The horseradish? Au jus? Gravy made from drippings of the **bleep**? The legion offers an offensive dinner every Friday night to fundraise?

@ShawnC13  I'm confused as to how the end of this thread got split? Anyhow I reposted  the pie post at the end of my thread.

@mpcdesign Since I'm confused how the end of my thread got split you may have wanted your comments to be in my "Comunity stats" rather than the split "Community state ". You're choice if you want to repost.

@ShawnC13  I don't know where I got my love of stats from....and i was terrible at math once it hit algebra, calculus etc.... My former brother in law and a great guy is one of the best psychology statistics professors in the world and has been published hundreds of times.

@mpcdesign  I loved stats!!  My College professor was also the author of out Text book and I was his first student to ever get 100% on the exam.  Wrote on St.Patricks day must have been some luck out there watching over me lol.  I wish I actually stuck with it but got bored with classroom work.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious, impressive with the stats and mathematics. Where were you when I needed you many moons ago in college. I could have used you with my business stats classes. Impressive with others such as @ShawnC13. Both of you two have a way too many skills in stats, math, and Excel! Please do not bravo this post, I am just ranting right now.

I think in general, the post wasn't meant to be bravo'd as darlicious had mentioned in the very post:

**** Please do not bravo this post or the following post as it's for informational purposes only.

So, am not sure why people are bent out of shape in the first place. I think it's kinda cool someone did all this for the fun of it. And I do agree, people post and comment to help people who have the time and help out. Please do not bravo this post, I am just ranting right now.

I mean look at this, I haven't had the time to post or comment the past couple of days/nights, and I am not going to be post something just to get a bravoed. Please do not bravo this post, I am just ranting right now.

I truly believe we all have own freedom of speech and say what you want to say it. Let's all get along and be a community and don't get on each other's nerves. Please do not bravo this post, I am just ranting right now.

Oh, btw, did I mentioned....Please do not bravo this post, I am just ranting right now.

@Jb456 wrote:

LMAO what a joke. 

Soap opera " as the board turns" 😂😂

[snip]

Still haven't got a fist pump haha 👊👊

Screenshot_20200407_112329.jpg

No fist pump, but you got a nice, shiny new ban!!! OH BOY!!! 🙄

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

LMAO what a joke. 

Soap opera " as the board turns" 😂😂

I see cupcake edited his thread to now say "rated PG".

Well at least finally after 3 oracles and 1 mod did nothing for that original joke from Tuesday to Friday UNTIL I EDITED THE JOKE MYSELF.

I guess at least the 2nd mod did something..kind of late tho. Like a week late LMAO considering post as been gone since Friday and today is Tuesday. 

You all enjoy the nice sunny weather today👍

Still haven't got a fist pump haha 👊👊

Screenshot_20200407_112329.jpg

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for compiling these stats @darlicious, interesting reading.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Haven’t posted in ages.... was going to put my 2 cents worth in, but with all going on decided to keep them.. may need them.. lol.. stay safe people..👍

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456  Ok you get first pick....no traditional blueberry pie but there's a nice heritage apple pie from my 125 year old apple tree in my yard. Everyone else can have a slice too if you can all learn how to play nice in the sandbox.....20200407_010001-COLLAGE.jpg

@darlicious 

apple pie it is dear 🙂 and the below, which i posted on this split thread, can be our PM sandbox theme song while having your pie lol 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456  Ok you get first pick....no traditional blueberry pie but there's a nice heritage apple pie from my 125 year old apple tree in my yard. Everyone else can have a slice too if you can all learn how to play nice in the sandbox.....20200407_010001-COLLAGE.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder 

Hows this for trying to get things normal again?  lol. I edited a quick portion of a covid song. I find it goes with today's topic 😀

Well @ShawnC13  first let me say thanks to whoever for splitting the threads again. Took me awhile to find the original first post.

As for what you just said Shawn. I did mention in my post that you were the only Oracle that messaged regarding the post ..on Friday. Same time I got a message from Moderators. So I was very clear on that to acknowledge that you to the initiative to do so while two of your fellow teammates did not. I also was clear on sorry *sorry have to add the screenshot"..

So you messaged me Friday...what about Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday? I am not saying you, but the thread was started by an Oracle. So clearly said Oracle seen the joke.

Regarding your private message comment. Really? You questioned my timeline so I gave the full timeline.

One thing is certain however that I can tip my hat to you for is at least even in a back and forth conversation like this ongoing battle that started from blue balls 😂 that you can maintain composure and talk in a nice respectful manner. Unlike cupcake that needs slip in little sly remarks into a already belittling post. Like the very first post on the original Darlicious thread.

Screenshot_20200407_020306.jpg

But whoooaah. Wait a minute!! it's all good. He's been here for years, got a reputation and an Oracle so all is good let's just brush it off.  Yup all good no ifs and or buts..but its ok right? PM only evaluates you guys every 6 months..

@Jb456 No backtracking here.  Just saying how you were given a chance to change it.  I would continue to discuss this privately but it seems anything I send you could end up public anyway.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  and the issue is? You replied to a post saying my timeline was wrong as I left a few things out. So I gave the full Timeline. Sorry that you had to be included in that but I was merely responding to your post. Fact of matter remains the same 3 oracles 1 mod did nothing about the post, in the lounge, under the right thread, COvid humour, for x amount of days.

So please don't try to backtrack like your colleague attempted on Sunday. Oh by the way it's legit one week now that we are in a battle about blue balls 😂😂 

@NDesai wrote:

[snip]

Where is all the respect?

Been wondering that myself.....

Honestly, i miss the good old days.

Yeah, me too, which were less than a week ago.

[snip]

Sure we can be social and talk what we feel like, but why go too far off the board?

THAT is part of the point.... did you even read my last post, about people having conversations?

Let's use the thread in question as an example..... when there was a post that I was surprised PM's puritan language filter missed a word, should I have pulled out my crystal ball, and foreseen that by me commenting on that word missed by the filter, that there'd be numerous other posts about the filter, and somehow T.O.S. would get into the topic, and having seen all of that in my crystal ball, should I then have simply said, "Hey guys, wait a minute, I have a comment to make about that last post, that MIGHT cascade into too many(whatever that magic number happens to be, for whichever Oracle might be present at the time) off-topic posts, so I'm going to start another thread with the same title, so I can make my comment over there, and you guys can all join me, so we don't piss-off the OP, and I won't end up getting accused of "thread-jacking", and "gaming the community forum"? Any chance you see just how ridiculous that sounds, as opposed to letting the conversation play out, and putting the thread back on-topic, by doing as I suggested in my previous post?

Oracles are dedicated to not just help others, but keep the community a better place.

I guess some are a little more dedicated than others.....

@Jb456 , still posting my Private message to you is totally inappropriate.  Yes, I mentioned that I would leave it up to you but that it gets noticed.  I gave you the opportunity to correct it and you chose not to, so it got dealt with.

Drizzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Especially at this point in time the entire world is going through hard times we should be coming together as a community and helping anywhere we can to help lessen the tickets placed in to mods. We don’t need to Harp on things. Help with the question and a friendly comment about the topic situation would be enough in my opinion 

Wow, what is going on here? What this community has become within the past few months? Where is all the respect? Where did all the teaching and learning disappear? 😲

Honestly, i miss the good old days. Community was so fresh and energetic while we helped and learned new things every other day. I have to admit that whatever going around now was never a case in my last 4 years here. There were some days things went out of control, but it never kept going and going on. Our goal is to help others in need. Sure we can be social and talk what we feel like, but why go too far off the board? Initially, Oracles were told nothing about how to manage the community. We all managed to do what's best for the community for the past 3+ years. We never had to bother PM staff about what to do and how to manage. Now, it's totally a different story. Oracles are dedicated to not just help others, but keep the community a better place.

Let's not go too far as we are all here for the same purpose. Stay safe and alerted!

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'm the person who sepearated the threads, and some members already knew that. I have no issue with others disagreeing with me. It was my decision that the thread had gone off-topic (lounge or not) compared to what the thread was originally about and to make a separate thread.

Well, as mentioned, based on what you said in that thread, or rather 1/3 of a thread now, I suspected it may have been you.

As for off-topic, some of you Oracles seem to be obsessed with it! Ok, back when Shawn was moving off-topic stuff from main help sections, and had several of us pissed-off about it, he explained that it was largely due to bravos having been tossed on various post, because we liked them, BUT that in the Lounge, those bravos didn't count, so that was perfectly acceptable(to me, at least). At that time, it was mentioned that if we wanted to go yap about whatever, do it in the Lounge, so we do, and we STILL get posts transferred out! Some of you Oracles are just WAY too rigid in your thinking..... I mean, REALLY, it's almost like some of you have never had a normal conversation..... think about it..... you're talking with someone, about whatever the topic may be, and it eventually drifts to another topic, and another, but often times rolls around to the original topic again. WHY, OH WHY must EVERY thread stay COMPLETELY on-topic, ESPECIALLY when it's down in the Lounge, which doesn't impact normal everyday Public Mobile business in any way!?!? In this particular case, if wil13am, or anybody else, wanted the thread back on-topic, it would've been pretty easy to simply drop another smattering of humour in the thread.

As for that particular thread, although we humans often find humour in some strange places, has it struck anybody else that a thread about COVID-19 Humour could be perceived as.... shall we say.... in poor taste, given that thousands have died from it, and thousands more likely will too? That, and MORE to the point, we've already had 1 or 2 people post on these forums, that HAVE the virus, and there surely must be some that have already, or maybe soon will have, a family member or friend die from this.....

As for all the other stuff, I have no desire to get into the personal disputes of others.

Nor should you.

Need Help? Let's chat.