cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken promises. (Public Points)

Corgifan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just heard about the public points switch. I went to check for an email about it and I have nothing recent about it. 

The only email I have about it is from January 2022 stating only new customers would have to be on public points system. Check out the screenshot below.

"We want to emphasize that public points is optional for all existing customers"

This is enough to make me shop around for a carrier where I can sign a contract and get a phone and that has better phone service in my area. It's not worth buying my own device to stay with PM without my $10 in rewards per month. 

Screenshot_20240512-214752~2.png

4 REPLIES 4

Corgifan

My mistake, I forgot they switched from PM/Koodo/Telus to Bell, and now switched to Rogers 😬.

Apparently I'm not the only PM customer having trouble. And TIL my area is actually mostly Bell towers, zero Telus! 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Signal-strength-in-Halton-Hills-Georgetow...

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Corgifan - That is odd. Bell and TELUS share towers except in Brandon and Winnipeg Manitoba. Maybe your Bell people are using Wi-Fi calling?

Corgifan

Yes I know they can change it if they want to. Agree it just seems like a money grab. Just found it interesting that they said it was optional in 2022 instead of "optional at this time".

I would even have preferred to just grandfather current rewards and not allow you to accumulate new rewards unless you switched to public points. 

There are a lot of good deals with other carriers pretty frequently. I'll be shopping around. The service has not been great where I live (there seems to be a lack of towers so calls drop while I drive home and not much 5G in my area). This change will motivate me enough to look at Bell or Rogers and their subsidiaries as other people in my household are on Bell and there's better coverage in our particular area.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Corgifan - While that is true... the TOS agreement can allow change with an sms or email 30 days before the change.

So PM is not super in the wrong, but not really right as it is somewhat of a money grab.

Need Help? Let's chat.