will13am
Oracle
Oracle

5G.png

8 REPLIES 8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I picked up 5G again.  Burnside area in Victoria BC.  

I should clarify that mobile data is working.  No I will not attempt a speed test.  I probably don't have enough data to complete a single test.  

Screenshot_20220728-091421.png

I think it's most likely a bug in the phone software, less likely a bug in the network software.

5G has been around a while but it's still not mature and widespread enough to be fully debugged, fully predictable, fully compliant, fully standardized.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm..... Could it be a accidental testing for the near future 🤔 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@will13am  this is interesting as you don't have a Telus supplied phone do you?  Everyone mentioning how it would have to be a telus provided phone to get 5G even on higher tiers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@hTideGnow wrote:

did you try to use some data and see if the 5G stays?  and speed test?

Are you kidding?  You want me to do a speed test on 5G?  I don't have an unlimited data plan.  The 5G connection did not last too long.  I was on a moving bus.  I didn't think of getting off and taking the next bus.  🤣

did you try to use some data and see if the 5G stays?  and speed test?

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @will13am  

which province you are at?

my voice and data still shows LTE...  😞

since you might have 5G.. you have VoLTE as well?  

Toronto.  My voice connection shows as LTE when idle but it never holds when a call is initiated.  We had another member thinking that they had a VoLTE call and it was confirmed to be untrue.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @will13am  

which province you are at?

my voice and data still shows LTE...  😞

since you might have 5G.. you have VoLTE as well?  

Need Help? Let's chat.