cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete set up: stuck at Adding old account info

jdumbrille
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its been an hour now, so Im close to sending my sim card back for refund. The idea is I should be able to activate it. I have added the old account name, my alt contact number, and the correct serial number for my iphone. Note that the order of adding info is counterintuitive - you need to addd the serial number last, even though it is high up on the form. Failure to do so clears the info when the alt no. is added. Even working around this, selecting "Continue" results in the form emptying and "Processing" is shown on the screen. There is no result, and no visual cue to why no result. This is very frustrating. Has anyone had a similar issue? What is the work around?

19 REPLIES 19

@gpixel wrote:

@geopublicthe OP's employer would not release the account number. 

@gpixel  If the number is part of a business account then the port will fail unless the employer allows the number to be converted to a Bell personal account.

@geopublicthe OP's employer would not release the account number. 

@jdumbrille wrote:

Ok thanks - the public mobile form indicates you can use the serial number instead. This is what my employer has said too -  I dont need their account number

@jdumbrille  Using the Bell account number instead of IMEI is the safest way to setup a port. Your choice.

@jdumbrille  

1. You get the imei number by dialing *#06# not *#60#. As you keep doing.
  2. I don't think you need it to  port.

jdumbrille

doh thanks

@jdumbrille you have it backwards... it's 06 not 60

jdumbrille

Adding the asterisk to get *#60# has the same result

@jdumbrille   *#06#.

jdumbrille

Ok thanks - the public mobile form indicates you can use the serial number instead. This is what my employer has said too -  I dont need their account number

jdumbrille

phoning #60# results in an error - Error performing request unknown error

I believe Ive followed the protocols listed and the serial number is clearly marked on the iphone, and Ive copied it correctly

@jdumbrille  You should be able to port with the name on the account,  phone number to port and the old providers account number from Bell.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jdumbrille I wouldn't add the serial number it is not needed. Just the name and phone number and account number from Bell you are leaving. 

1. name

2. account number

Im not an expert but I do think this will be helpful. ❤️

jdumbrille

the Service provider is Bell

@jdumbrille try the imei numbrer. Dial*#06# to get it. Heres an article on activating and porting 

1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

jdumbrille

Thanks gblackma

Are you saying the sim card needs to be added before activation?

@jdumbrille who is the service provider you are transferring from?

jdumbrille

Note: the message is "You must enter at least one value to proceed."  The value does not appear have been recognized - as it is cleared after entering and pressing Continue - but it is a valid (Serial) number.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jdumbrille I never ran into this issue when I activated my account. use your browser in incognito private mode. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jdumbrille clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate  your SIM card. If the proble persists activate with a temporary number and contact the moderators to port your number after. If you are trying to port from Koodo prepaid or PC mobile rhis is the process. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.