cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card headache

Baz71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone. The sim card insert was different so I purchased a new one. My problem is even though I already have my account it wants me to create a new account to put a new SIM card... can anyone help with this

7 REPLIES 7

Baz71

SIM Card Change succesful

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Baz71 wrote:

Thank you all for your help.. fingers crossed 

If you have not changed your SIM card to the new one, you may use your current SIM card.

If you need a small sSIM card for the new phone, examine your current SIM card to look for the adapter cut line.  Remove the adapter if you find it.  That is all you need to do.  Refer to the picture on @geopublic's post for details.

Save the new SIM card for your referral.

@Baz71 

Please don't use the new sim, keep it if you need it later

You can punch out the old SIM into smaller card

Or if you need it bigger, you can use plastic parts of the new sim for your older sim

Baz71

Thank you all for your help.. fingers crossed 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Baz71 wrote:

I bought a new phone. The sim card insert was different so I purchased a new one. My problem is even though I already have my account it wants me to create a new account to put a new SIM card... can anyone help with this

@Baz71  No need for a new card. All PM cards are tri-punch.

tp.png

Just select the correct size by punching out or adding the spacer. Keep the other card as backup. You can also switch cards, no need to activate the new card, simply by going into selfserve and selecting the change sim card option.

cs.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Baz71 do not create a new account.  Use @gpixel 's suggestion above and restart your phone after. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it. Welcome to the community .  Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Baz71 login to your self serve account and change your sim there

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.