cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out from a Corporate plan to Public Mobile

AarDoubleU21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Steps I followed to port out my phone number from the Bell corporate plan to personal Public Mobile.

1. Send an email to the HR that you want to port out the number to a personal carrier.

2. Your organization will "notate" the account. this means an indication to the Bell corporate customer service that the account is ok to be moved to a personal carrier.

3. The catch here is that Bell corporate account will be transferred to the Bell personal account first. You will need your Drivers license and another credit card or SIN # for the proof of identification.

4. Tell them to put you on the cheapest plan as you will be porting out immediately.

5. Once your corporate account is transferred to the personal account on Bell, they will give you the account number for that account which you can use in the Self Serve on Public mobile account to start the port out.

Cheers !!

3 REPLIES 3

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great info about needing to convert to a personal account before Bell will allow you to port to Public Mobile. Thank you 🙂

AarDoubleU21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it may as Bell told me that no carrier can do a direct port out from a corporate account to a personal account of a different carrier. a direct port out always happens from a personal to personal account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AarDoubleU21

Thanks for the summary.  This might help others in the future.  

I wonder if this procedure would work for other mobile corporate accounts....

Need Help? Let's chat.