cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the number sucks and taking a lot of time.... 3 hrs no response

dkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my number from XXX to YYY but as of now both the numbers are not working, when i call up older number, i hear the tone that shows phone's ringing but the Real Phone is not ringing (i am just hearing that tone), when i dial the newer number it says UM2 this is not a valid number and then magically i again hear the ringing-tone which falsely shows phones ringing but again the Real Phone does not ring. kind of fools people to think the phones ringing and this dude is not picking up, when actually there is no Real Phone Ring...  

It been more than 3 hours and as of now i have no working number no calls, no text, no internet, that sucks   

When i change the number i should atleast get warning that this might take some time... the chat bot said wait for 2 hours it's well over 3 hours now!

This is weekday and afternoon time, i think time for most teams to be actively working...

33 REPLIES 33

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you just picked a new number, this shouldn't happen. This can happen if you port

If you ported, please use the old sim until port completed. Porting voip number may take a week.

If you didn't port please contact moderators

dkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@GR I changed the number within Public Mobile using self serve

Followed these instructions:

To change your phone number:
2. In the "Overview" page, under "My Profile", select "Change Number".
3. Follow the instructions there and voila!

But no voila 😞

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr  was it a port or just changing the account phone number to a different phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.