Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the Community Reward

cncach
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to get Community Reward

31 REPLIES 31

@computergeek541 

Nor will we that's why its all speculation.

@computergeek541 wrote:

That's not my conclusion.  Not all post are necessarily considered equal.

They need (maybe they have?) some sort of algorithm that can rank posts based on things like thread age and whether or not a solution is already marked. Adding replies to threads that are months old and already contain the same information and marked solution shouldn't count for much.

Most times I see a new thread, when I click on it and see a correct reply already posted, I bravo it and move on. If I reply further down the list of replies it is usually to a subsequent follow up by the OP or a new poster or I think I have something different to contribute. Or at least that's what I try to do lol.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Exactly....so since bravos in the lounge do not increase your overall bravo count but posts in the lounge do increase your overall post count that leads me to believe post counts make little or no difference in the reward calculation.

That's not my conclusion.  Not all post are necessarily considered equal. Perhaps, posts count from The Lounge doesn't count. We don't really know. 

@computergeek541 

Exactly....so since bravos in the lounge do not increase your overall bravo count but posts in the lounge do increase your overall post count that leads me to believe post counts make little or no difference in the reward calculation.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Since I already got tagged to draw me into the thread I'll comment on the value put on post count. I think as i was asked by another member @yanzhiqiang (I think) if posts count in the lounge since bravos do not. In testing that theory it was discovered that lounge posts do count towards your total post count. This leads me to believe that post counts have little or no overall value when it comes the community reward calculation. It may have a small factor in having a minimum amount of posts to qualify for a community reward.

Lounge posts are not supposed to count fo rewards at all, nor should they.  There was a time that post count was almost (but not entirely) the only thing that counted, to a ridiculous extent.

@computergeek541 

Since I already got tagged to draw me into the thread I'll comment on the value put on post count. I think as i was asked by another member @yanzhiqiang (I think) if posts count in the lounge since bravos do not. In testing that theory it was discovered that lounge posts do count towards your total post count. This leads me to believe that post counts have little or no overall value when it comes the community reward calculation. It may have a small factor in having a minimum amount of posts to qualify for a community reward.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I don't think asking questions factor into the secret formula.  It may but it would be a very small factor. 

The asking question part contributing to earning rewards would depend on how much weight the current formula places on post count. I really do hope that there's not much weight to post count any longer because of some of the nonsense that has gone on in the past.

@irishgirl012 wrote:

Make sure to ask and solve lots of questions. To get up to $15 off you have to ask and solve questions everyday for at least 1-2 hours .

I don't think asking questions factor into the secret formula.  It may but it would be a very small factor.  Answering and helping out is the way to go.

1-2 a day may get you to the $10 reward but it won't get you the $15,

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@JoyLuck wrote:

@saske9800 wrote:

As I was looking through the rules for the community rewards program, I would love to see a leaderboard for users. Is there any place where one can check out a leaderboard.

Also, it would be nice if newcomers can check how many activities need to be conducted in order to reach the top 50%.

There use to be a leaderboard, but was removed by PM.

@darlicious is like the community statistician so she might be able to answer your second question.

The leaderboard was removed for good reason. This leaderboard sometimes contributed to undesirable behavior by some members, encouraged some members to "play games" to achieve certain results, and generally caused animosity and arguments between members. There's no rule against talking about the bravos and rewards, but my interpretation is of Public Mobile preferring that this stuff not be discussed.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@mm80 wrote:

@cncach Community rewards are earned by participation. There's a secret forumla used and they get awarded in the first half of each month for the previous month's partiicpation.

Hi @cncach I like this reply ^^^^ by @mm80.  Welcome!

@saske9800 wrote:

As I was looking through the rules for the community rewards program, I would love to see a leaderboard for users. Is there any place where one can check out a leaderboard.

Also, it would be nice if newcomers can check how many activities need to be conducted in order to reach the top 50%.

There use to be a leaderboard, but was removed by PM.

@darlicious is like the community statistician so she might be able to answer your second question.

saske9800
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@irishgirl012 wrote:

To get up to $15 off you have to ask and solve questions everyday for at least 1-2 hours .

I can promise you that isn't even close. Of course it doesn't take a full 16 hours per day that most people are usually awake, but it takes much more than 1-2 hours per day unless someone is just randomly posting nonsense or copy and pasting a prepared script into every thread. It takes a considerable amount of time to read through threads to find out what's going on in any given situation.  To get $15, you're pretty much spending almost all of your recreational time daily here.

irishgirl012

Yes it resets every month. You have to keep up on your rewards every month to get money off your account every month. Make sure to ask and solve lots of questions. To get up to $15 off you have to ask and solve questions everyday for at least 1-2 hours . You can earn badges as well. 

rewards-5.png

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@irishgirl012 wrote:

Only Oracles can get $20 and $15 is very difficult. 

irishgirl012

Miketasse35

Contribute to the forum by providing posts and solutions.  Spend sometime reading over past posts and solutions.  Helping others is more rewarding then the monetary reward.

hinamirza

It’s rewards for your kindness and help your community. What is community ? It’s actually all public customers/users. They ask questions and any member can give helping hand 🖐 you know . Simple be kind be rewarded 

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it is! I'm impressed with the service and community so far! 

Rose25

Apart from saving money. It is quite a great experience to connect with people by helping them or by giving your opinion regarding a topic 

HADELWAHIBA

i really like it , good job 

ccdevmike

I understand it as you get money off your plan if you keep active on the chats. 

Jude_Fall

It is money you save for helping people answer questions 

ccdevmike

Sure makes for a very responsive group on here willing to help people out! I like it! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cncach wrote:

@mm80  Does Communication Reward change every month

@cncach 

Yes. It resets calendar monthly. You have to keep it up if you wish to get a reward the next months.

cncach

@mm80  Does Communication Reward change every month

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cncach Community rewards are earned by participation. There's a secret forumla used and they get awarded in the first half of each month for the previous month's partiicpation.

Sofiaelisabeth

Open an account, as you have and begin to post and respond helping others in the PM Community. 🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cncach 

As described above, community rewards is monthly rewards given by PM to community members who contribute and help on this forum.

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month.  It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels.  As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here.  Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles.  $15/month likely need to spend at least 1-2 hours most days.  Less than minimum wage if you average it out.  

If you enjoy participating and helping others, then give it a try.  First read the help section articles and slowly participate in the community.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contribute to the forum by providing posts and solutions.  Spend sometime reading over past posts and solutions.  Helping others is more rewarding then the monetary reward.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Need Help? Let's chat.