cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward : community

Plop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello !

Do you know how many posts / answers / "bravo" do we need to get a reward ?

Thanks a lot ^^

11 REPLIES 11

The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period,and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.(this might have an effect on your contribution)

-ie. if you were very active in the month of April then your activity slows down in may. you may still receive a larger reward for the month of May because of the overall contribution from both months. but for the month of June, the reward was effected because of the reduced activity in may, even if there was more participation in the month of June.

This means asking and answering questions, offering solutions, and giving Bravos to helpful members.

• High quality content is far more important than high quantity.
  • Give constructive feedback to Public Mobile, because we appreciate that.
  • Finally, maintain a positive attitude towards others.

So Message Post count would be total of all messages posted, not topics created. Would you suspect creating a topic would be weighted any higher than a reply post to a topic?AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

When the Bravos list was still available there were definitely months where I got a lower reward than people below me on the Bravo list. Thus there is more to it than that. It is said that Solutions awarded are likely a factor as well which explains my situation above. Possibly number of posts and/or number of topics created as well?

AE_Collector

Public Mobile has stated that changes to the foruma used to calculate the Community rewards has been made to better reflect an emphasis on quality participation.  However, I can tell you with almost certatinty that, in the past, the calculations were almost entirely based on message post count. The bravos had far less of a role.

Well no doubt that there is no quality of post checker here. The Bravos are how that would be accomplished but that really isn’t accurate at all either. But I’m really beyond worrying about it now.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I am more and more convinced that is simply write anything and everything correct or not and get bravos.

As mentioned for June one poster did 8 posts (4 of which said thank you) earned $1. Another poster earned $2 for 42 posts. Majority was them asking their own questions and replying with a few posts on other posters providing the experience of when they signed up and how they like the community forums.

Myself for June  I had 38 or 40 Solutions. Earned $5.

For July I have around 60 solutions. So we'll see.

Clearly Solutions don't matter.

When I first started posting last year. Members as well as Oracle's said take your time to write out the post to answer the question in detail. Don't forget to not only answer the question for the OP but to add anything else around the question that may help out future readers. Which I do on my big posts and provide screenshots,etc.  

Doesn't seem to matter if it's a detailed post or one liner. All that seems to matter is "lots of posts" for the big rewards and just a few posts for the $1 rewards where you can just say "thank you".

I may just split my big one post on threads to like 6 one liner posts on threads to see how the rewards work then but I don't want to ruin my solution to post ratio lol

Regardless how flawed the reward system is. It's nice of Public Mobile to offer this type of reward. I'm thankful for that as it pasts my time at work and lowers my bill.

When the Bravos list was still available there were definitely months where I got a lower reward than people below me on the Bravo list. Thus there is more to it than that. It is said that Solutions awarded are likely a factor as well which explains my situation above. Possibly number of posts and/or number of topics created as well?

AE_Collector

Plop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hahaha !! Pretty amazing 😉

What secret formula?😂 Seems like someone can pretty much write anything on posts (whether correct or incorrect) and earn a reward.

One person in month of June earned a $1 reward for 8 posts. 4 of those posts where them saying "thank you" to responses from their own question 🙄

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Plop Only Oracles, selected by PM, can get 20$. Other users - up to 15$. The formula of your reward is known only to PM. It is impossible for us to tell how active you should be, and how many posts/likes/etc you should have. Just add value to the community and help people😉

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is a secret formula that PM uses but does not divulge.  Spend sometime reading over past replys and solution.  Helping others is more rewarding then the actual monetary reward.  Receiving an award is a bonus.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Plop wrote:

Hello !

Do you know how many posts / answers / "bravo" do we need to get a reward ?

Thanks a lot ^^

Hi @Plop (i like your username 🙂 ),

There is no set /written limit to how much time, bravos, answers, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards. 

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!!

🙂

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

Need Help? Let's chat.