cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Friend Referral


@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos


That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Friend Referral


@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos


That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.


I don't agree with that.  Things are set up this way for a reason. If people believe that it can be done later and it's announced as such, more people will fail to enter in the referral during activation.  This will cause even longer moderator wait times.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Friend Referral


@computergeek541 wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos


That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.


I don't agree with that.  Things are set up this way for a reason. If people believe that it can be done later and it's announced as such, more people will fail to enter in the referral during activation.  This will cause even longer moderator wait times.


That's reasonable. I can see your point where extra work can be avoided when things are done right the first time. Just wishing that the info can be openly available and the people that accidentally missed it can know and still benefit from it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Friend Referral


@computergeek541 wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@chelsealzl before they were not able to add referrals after activation. That has recently changed.  They can add a referal number now.  But they can not add the various credits ie 10$ or 25 +25 promos


That's good to know! They should update that onto the reward program information as well so people can contact them and get the reward.


I don't agree with that.  Things are set up this way for a reason. If people believe that it can be done later and it's announced as such, more people will fail to enter in the referral during activation.  This will cause even longer moderator wait times.


I hadn't understood that the credit wouldn't happen. If it's only the dollar then I think they should drop the whole after the fact thing.

Maybe they think of it as existing customer retention. How is it the existing customers' fault that the new customer forgot to use the number.

Ah...forget about it...snooze ya lose all around. Tough toodles. If the existing customer wants their dollar that much then make darn sure it happens. Even more so on the 25/25 promo. Make. Sure. It. Happens

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Friend Referral

The moderators were given the ability to set up the friend reward due to many issues of in-store reps not applying the reward at the time of sale and activation.  This is better than preventing the 'bad-blood' between friends when it failed.

 

The $10 award should be applied to the new customer and the $1/30-day reward to the referring subscriber.

 

Whether or not the Knowledge Base article is up to date doesn't matter, as the current process is available via the moderators.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Friend Referral

The person you're referring needs to have your number if you want to get the reward. If they already activated their sim it without it, it may be too late.  contact moderator they might be able to help.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Friend Referral

It is at the time of activation they have to provide your number to get the credit and it is already late. My suggestion is that send an email to moderator team explaining the situation and they might help you. Good luck!