cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Create a minus bravo button to indicate that an idea is not for me. However, so we don't discourage people, have ‘Not for me’ votes invisible. When it comes to reviewing ideas, Public Mobile can see how many people have said ‘Not for me, thanks’ so that they know if an idea divides opinions. Popular ideas can sometimes be controversial.

13 Comments
Yawsug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a great idea, it could either be invisible or reduce the number of Bravo's to 0 but would never show a negative number.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think this is a great idea as well. It would give a good sense of the polarity on an idea, whether it is super good, or whether it has mixed reviews and therefore easier to prioritize.

Especially important is definitely minimizing the discourage factor.

+1 for me!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This would help gage the mood of the community in an easy way. Its good to keep the "Not for me" votes independent of the bravo count and made invisible so that we don't miss out on the next brilliant idea from a discouraged member 🙂
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Not for me.  I want to see who doesn't agree with me.

just don't allow the Caps Lock button 🙂

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I had same idea before but the idea of making a negative kudo invisible is a nice touch since it does not discourage people

You could even have this same invisible option in regular forums so mods/oracles can see problem posts 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kav2001c, if there is a serious problem with a post you can always report such posts.  The three dots on the right side of each post has a report innappropriate content option.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great idea.  I would like to add that not only should there be up vote and down vote offered in labs suggestions, we should have a pick list of basic options to choose from when down voting an idea so that there is a little more granularity to why.  This will aid in reviewing customer attitudes toward the suggestion. 

Watoko

Would be ironic if this ended up being a "Not for me" idea Smiley LOL

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 the thread is not discussing posts that violate guidlines (racism, arguments, name calling etc)

But there are often posts that are quite simply wrong (eg lack of technical knowledge) and the ability to negative bravo could get enough attention that a mod/oracle can step in to contradict the post

WearySky

@kav2001c when you report a post, there's a place to put a message.  I've reported posts with incorrect information in them before (though I don't think anything has ever come from it :))

Need Help? Let's chat.