cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's just come to my attention in this thread that once you hit your data cap, it no longer shows your current total data usage in the self-service portal overview page.  This seems like a really bad idea - if I hit my data cap, I'd still like to see in the overview page that I've hit my data cap.

15 Comments
NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Its just how the system works in the backend to disable data usage once consumed. May be they can put a note saying you are out of data or something instead of blank.

ragingbull91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So when you reach your cap for data, is your data usage shut down until the next period? Or are there charges for any additional data you use?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I agree, showing something is way better then showing absolutly nothing which may confuse others on locatoin the problem 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ragingbull91  when you use up your data it is shut off.  This is a prepaid system and once you use it is gone.  So you either wait for your next cycle or you purchase additional data to get you through to that time

WearySky

@ragingbull91 - no additional charges, it just cuts you off.  But it's super confusing to end users to login when data isn't working, and see no data usage information at all.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
Presumably when you run out of data, that means data usage = data allotment. In that case, does it matter if data usage is shown?
WearySky

@will13am considering how flaky the self service portal is in general, and how service occasionally just stops working and you don't know why, it would be good to know that the reason your data stopped working was specifically because you had reached your data cap, and not some other reason.

ute1978

Isn't there a warning in form of a text message that you used up 90% of your data?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@WearySky, I didn't know your suggestion was to deal with possible glitches in the system.  I have been using the datawitness app to keep track of my data usage.  That app is a bit generous compared to the Public Mobile meter.  I think the difference is that app does not do round offs which I believe Public Mobile does. 

ragingbull91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13 How do you give a bravo to a person for a comment?  I am a little new as I just joined PM on Monday.  Appreciate the response!

Need Help? Let's chat.