cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would like to present the idea that Public Mobile customers can get certain discounts (5%/ 10%/etc.)  for purchasing phones at no-term price at Telus and/or Koodo stores.

Advantages:

• PM customers know they are getting phones that are compatible with the network.
  • PM customers will eventually buy new phones, so why not go after that business?
  • Make PM customers happy - that their loyality is being valued.

12 Comments
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@texwood interesting idea, but I don't really see it happening.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Telus and Koodo customers don't get a discount for purchasing the phone outright and if they are getting them on a two year plan they are paying more then the outright purchase.  Can't see this happening.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think this will happen either.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the idea as all 3 companies are in the same family & PM folks have Orchard connection (although we don't get discount their either right?)

I concur that might be tricky to implement as:

- Koodo/ Telus customers don't get discount if buy outright - however both companies also offer great customer service (like PM), so customer might be able to renew early & get a discount.

- PM is a pre-paid no committment system so in theory one could utilize the deal & take off.. sayind that - where else would one go - as PM is the best..  (Hmm just thought I guess seems some folks will buy & then re-sell to try to profit but if it's 5% likley not worth their effort)

- PM customers are saving more than discounts that are offered. I did a calculation recently for colleague at work & even with a Telus corp plan & super discount on some phones of $400 the break even point was like 18 months if one doesn't factor in the other Telus extras (like call center, stores..).

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@srlawren Even if they like this idea, they will simply tag it as "Thinking about it" like on Mobile app (Android and iOS)IMEI Checker or Update warnings on self-serve during renewal. Pretty sure they prioritize fixing issues over new feature. There are plenty of other issues placed on the to do list and yet to work on. So what are the chances of anything new happening....i can't even guess at this point.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I'd prefer if Telus and Koodo had sales offers on devices that do not require activating a plan.  If they currently do, I've not noticed.

Let me buy a device without contract, unlocked (with no fees to do so), and  I would be happy to give my business to the company.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker now that would be helpful!!

LeoCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We'll see what happens on Dec 1 when the new ruling comes in on all cellphones sold after Dec 1 have to me unlocked units.... (Current or new stock) ..... Maybe pricing (for cash sales)at Telus/Koodo/Fido/Rogers/Virgin/Bell/Freedom will be adjusted. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LeoCA,

Let's hope so! 🙂

LeoCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Michael77

Hope so too.... Cause in the past before flagship or decent Asus dual sim phones was available, I bought phones from Fido, Rogers, Koodo(as Prepaid, eventhough i didnt have an account there) and telus(i got the surprised look from the rep... You wanna pay in full?!?) Haha, so after Dec 1 yeah... 

Now i just buy them online and most of the time.... Its dual sim 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.