cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bringing this back up since now there is scrolling effect on iPhone X. It’s really not necessary that the carrier name needs to be so long. Public without the mobile would be sufficient. No other carrier name is so long. Rogers wireless just puts rogers in their carrier name and omits the wireless, same for Telus, Koodo, chatr, Virgin etc..  This is also a pain on other iPhones since the name takes up a lot of the status bar. This can probably be easily fixed with a carrier update. 

26 Comments
Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd rather they come up with a new name 

v2o2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I SO SECOND THIS!!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol, no problems with the long carrier name on android. This concern should not be registered as a labs suggestion here.  Take it up with the phone manufacturer.

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe carrier names are hard coded I to the SIM card, so this probably will never happen, unless they change it on the SIM card, and you would then have to buy a new SIM. (I might be wrong though)

v2o2

Freedom Mobile did it without the need for a SIM swap. So, it can totally be done.

v2o2

OP: In the past, jailbreaking your iPhone would give you the option to customize/change the carrier name.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Lol no problem on Android phones Smiley Tongue

shawnie_boy

I am pretty sure it’s coded on the carrier file. @CS_Agent correct me if I am wrong but a simple update to carrier file from your end could resolve this. It should be considered for iPhone users. It can be left for android since it’s not shown the same way. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Wondering why you need to even see the network name on your phone anyway?

shawnie_boy

It’s not a choice on iPhone. On all iPhones it’s in status bar, on iPhone X only on lock screen but it scrolls since it’s too long. It’s just annoying and as far as I know public mobile is the only service in Canada with such a long carrier name being used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.