cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I love that they post in advance when a system maintenance is going to take place.

I would also love a bug fix report after the maintenance is complete.

IE: this is what we did during the maintenance window, we introduced a new plan, and fixed 

Bug A....no longer flies around your head 5 times before landing

Bug B....Just plain works now

Bug C.... Gone....finito....zip zzzzz

Thoughts?

William

12 Comments
SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, I second this.  Aside from simply letting us know that incremental improvements are being made through all these maintenance periods, it would inform us as to which aspects of PM's system have been modified, which in turn helps us decide how best to manage our accounts, as well as offer better advice to members seeking help.

willph

EXACTLY 😄

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

+1.  It wouldn't be much of an imposition to keep people up to date.

srlawren

I've up-voted and support the idea, though I personally find it unlikely.  PM seems to like to keep these types of card close to their chest, proverbially speaking.  At least historically.  I'm hoping they will change that attitude, but not necessarily hopeful.  

willph

Thanks @srlawren !  I appreciate the upvote!

From a Biz perspective, sometimes these changes can cause some upset ppl, or MORE work in the sense that ppl will go and try to break things all over again.

At my work (I do IT operational support) our users voted to be informed to some degree.  We don't give them hard details, but just a good general overview.  

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I too like to at least know which particular system is affected, and any further detail would honestly be a dream.

if I need to do something, and the messages continue as they are now, I can cope with it.  It's a few days notice, and the major system affect is/are listed in the post.  I know to do my task before or after the period 🙂

i will also bravo.

willph

Just realized it says "BIG FIX REPORT"

Should be "BUG FIX REPORT"

lol

SD08

Are you aware that you can edit that title if you need to?

willph

thx

found it

SD08

NP.  For some reason, I read it as "bug" anyway.  Dyslexia in reverse?  Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.