cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message not working

Bainer55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Plan renewed today and i signed up for the new specific plan Public Mobile gave to me. Im supposed to get 3GB for $35 and unlimited international text and call. But whenever i try texting, it does not go through and i keep getting a message from public mobile saying i dont have texting on my plan. Even though in my plan it cleary states that i do. Anyone know whats up?

8 REPLIES 8

merged

@Bainer55 wrote:

Signed up for new promo plan public mobile offered me. it was 3GB for $35 plus unlimited international text. My plan renewed today but all of a sudden i cant send texts or call anyone and everytime i do public mobile states i dont have text and talk in my plan even though it clearly states i do. I cant get through to any moderators and im being charged basically triple what i was last month and i dont even get to use any of it

@Bainer55   Can you try restarting your phone?  Another thing to try is power off phone, remove SIM, wait 5 mins and reinsert SIM and restart the phone.

Also to clarify did your payment go through go on your CC/payment voucher.

BTW It's always a good idea to post your question under one of the main forum headings, as the Lounge is generally for posting about non phone/account topics.

Bainer55

Signed up for new promo plan public mobile offered me. it was 3GB for $35 plus unlimited international text. My plan renewed today but all of a sudden i cant send texts or call anyone and everytime i do public mobile states i dont have text and talk in my plan even though it clearly states i do. I cant get through to any moderators and im being charged basically triple what i was last month and i dont even get to use any of it

@Bainer55  what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 

Login your self-serve account to check the status and details of your account.

Are you able to receive texts? Also to make and receive calls?
Try restarting your phone to see if it will help.

I suggest to contact Moderators if problem persists. 

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Bainer55

what is force stopping a texting app?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bainer55 Try force stopping your texting app and restart your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.