cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming problem in US

bk9563
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I recently purchased US roaming add-ons (bundle and data) and confirmed that I have the add-ons in my account page and from 611 calling.

I'm currently in US and I can't use any of the networks available in San Francisco (AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon). I'm using Galaxy S8 and rebooted many times and tried to take out SIM and re inserted it after some time. However, my wife's phone, galaxy s6, is working perfectly. Manually setting network name following my wife's phone does not work either. I have already wasted 4 days out of 10 day plans. So I'm wondering how this problem can be solved. I don't know why the Mods are not reading my PM's even though they are shown online.

Harry

7 REPLIES 7

bk9563

Please check your inbox.

@Shazia_K, @Simon_O, @MarieHelene_L, @Mary_M

bk9563

I have one bundle and 500MB data on my account, prob they won't crush since they have different names?

Harry

bk9563

So far I have tried using my wife's SIM on my cell phone and it works while my SIM card on my wife's phone does not work. So I assume it is the SIM card that is not recognized in US. (I had no problem using it in Canada)

I see the mods are available online and PMed but they are not reading my messages. I sent one message on Wed and sent one each to all four mods. What is going on?

Harry

@bk9563 what phone do you happen to be using (iOS or android). Also did you purchase only one US roaming add on (talk, text and data combo) or did you buy multiple add ons (US Talk & Text, and and a data add on, ect). Only reason im asking is because you cant have two of the same US add on in the 10 day period (You can have US talk, and then add US text & Talk, ect...) which could be causing an issue.

Edit: Found you were using the s8 in your post, sorry about that

Send a msg to mod. But before try your sim in other phone.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

bk9563

If I see the add-ons in my account under add-on, I assume the fund is transferred and purchased the add-ons.

Also, I have tried turning "Data roaming" on from settings. I'd like to see R mark for calling and texting also, which is not showing on so far.

Harry

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
When you purchase add-on did you follow the 2 step process first you purchase add on and fund get transfer from cc to public mobile funds then you buy again same add-on from available funds.
Also check your phone that roaming Is on.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.