cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@ShawnC13 wrote:

In the end it is about loyalty to your wallet  as @will13am always says.  If you find an offer that works better for you follow it don't wait for your current provider to change to fit you


@will13am is the reason I am here and my one son. Trying to get my other kid over here. Smiley Happy

Oracle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.

It all depends on the competition. If you see what Lucky offers, it's the exact same thing for $10 plan (50 min/texts). Better choice would be PM because of the rewards system. You can bring the cost down by $2 right away, and it will go down by $1 every year until 5 years. I agree that 50 texts are not enough and there is no texting add-on available. But regardless, this is the cheapest emergency plan you can have. We have yet to see a carrier that even gives us an opportunity to bring the plan cost down to $0. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@NDesai wrote:

It all depends on the competition. If you see what Lucky offers, it's the exact same thing for $10 plan (50 min/texts). Better choice would be PM because of the rewards system. You can bring the cost down by $2 right away, and it will go down by $1 every year until 5 years. I agree that 50 texts are not enough and there is no texting add-on available. But regardless, this is the cheapest emergency plan you can have. We have yet to see a carrier that even gives us an opportunity to bring the plan cost down to $0. 


This is a perfect emergency plan. Smiley Happy

 

Just seems that PM follows their competition’s plans. Although, Lucky, coming after, seems to copy and follow their competition as well. 

 

It is odd that PM offers 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 etc... but do not offer that $15

plan. 

Oracle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@TMS wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

It all depends on the competition. If you see what Lucky offers, it's the exact same thing for $10 plan (50 min/texts). Better choice would be PM because of the rewards system. You can bring the cost down by $2 right away, and it will go down by $1 every year until 5 years. I agree that 50 texts are not enough and there is no texting add-on available. But regardless, this is the cheapest emergency plan you can have. We have yet to see a carrier that even gives us an opportunity to bring the plan cost down to $0. 


This is a perfect emergency plan. Smiley Happy

 

Just seems that PM follows their competition’s plans. Although, Lucky, coming after, seems to copy and follow their competition as well. 

 

It is odd that PM offers 10,__,20,25,30,35,40,45,50 etc... but do not offer that $15

plan. 


Better to convince Lucky or Chatr, and PM will most likely follow Smiley LOL


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.

Lol. I will. 

 

👍

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Even if they’d offer the same 50 minutes as PCMobile I’d be happy. 


$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.




I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

 

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

 

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@wetcoaster wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Even if they’d offer the same 50 minutes as PCMobile I’d be happy. 


$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.




I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

 

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

 

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.



Very good point in adding the 1GB. 

Thanks!

 

I'm just hesitant to give 1GB to a teenager. Smiley Very Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@TMS wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Even if they’d offer the same 50 minutes as PCMobile I’d be happy. 


$8 for 50 minutes + unlimited text will kill 7-11 Speakout for sure.  Parent will be happy to get it for kids who use mostly text only.




I'm in the "move to the provider that meets your budget" camp. What's on the market right now is what we have access to, make the best out of it.

 

Before I moved to Public Mobile due to the need of unlimited minutes (and later a data bucket) on top of my existing texting pattern, I was with SpeakOut. My average yearly cell phone cost was $160 (incl. buying the top-ups at their $100+$25 promos) and included their unlimited text add-on plus around one or two dozen of minutes of pay-as-you-go talk time a month (to essentially move the conversation to / or a call back from VoIP as needed).

 

If I would be in the same usage pattern as I was then, I would probably take Public Mobile's $10/50/50 plan and the 1GB data add-on for on the go (=$150/year before rewards) and move all my texting personal contacts to over-data/WiFi-messaging apps.



Very good point in adding the 1GB. 

Thanks!

 

I'm just hesitant to give 1GB to a teenager. Smiley Very Happy


Totally get it (even if you treat it as a learning opportunity for them ;-) ) - and I didn't mean to imply that my solution is the silver bullet for everybody.

 

Besides your suggestion of unlimited text on the limited minutes plan, I believe a reasonably priced text add-on could go a long ways.

 

The other way around, that isn't available at Public Mobile, would be allowing the talk add-ons to be used with a (cheaper priced) unlimited text-only plan. But I don't hold my breath since that exact concept already exists in the Telus family in form of the Koodo Prepaid boosters.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.

That is what plan he’s on presently -$15 prepaid Koodo Unlimited texts. 

Smiley Happy 

Oracle

Re: Please make an Unlimited Text plan.


@TMS wrote:

That is what plan he’s on presently -$15 prepaid Koodo Unlimited texts. 

Smiley Happy 


It has got to be a matter of time that they add a text add-on option.