cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No street service

Jaki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to Public Mobile. My payment is on the 13th in the amount of $25. I was sent a msg that I'd used up my time (unsure of the msg) so I put another $10 a few days ago but still have no service in the street. When I called 611 to verify how much credit I had, it said $10. Why is it not being used and left with no service in the street? I can make/receive calls but no receiving WhatsApp, can't log into email/Facebook or even google maps

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jaki PM is prepaid, not pay as you go,  if you got a message and you are on the $25 plan, then you are out of data. Also, it's 30 days, not monthly. You can add either the 200mb $5 dor the 1 gig $15 data add on. They carry over and stay on your account until used up. It's a 2 step process add the funds and then buy it. See below on how to do it.

20200417_204130.jpg

If you keep running out of data. It may be better to switch yor plan at next renewal to the $30 2 gig plan. Here's an article on switching plans. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan . See below on where to do it. 

20200416_143943.jpg

@Jaki wrote:

I'm new to Public Mobile. My payment is on the 13th in the amount of $25. I was sent a msg that I'd used up my time (unsure of the msg) so I put another $10 a few days ago but still have no service in the street. When I called 611 to verify how much credit I had, it said $10. Why is it not being used and left with no service in the street? I can make/receive calls but no receiving WhatsApp, can't log into email/Facebook or even google maps

Thanks

There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile. Simply adding money to the account will not get data working after consuming all of your plan data. You need to purchase a data add-on to get it working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaki wrote:

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by "in the street" but it sounds like you've run out of data.

This is a prepaid plan service...not a pay as you go service.

Check your self-serve overview page under data & add-ons for a line about your data. If it's not there then you've used it all.

Edit: there are options but let's see where you're at

Need Help? Let's chat.